This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Wrapping up my Verizon FiOS Test Drive  

Friday, December 30, 2011

Back in September, I shared with you that I am a Verizon FiOS Test Drive Mom! I've had about 6 months to try out this service, and in this short amount of time, I've gotten HOOKED!

I've always been hooked on DVR so with FiOS, I still have the ability to record shows and watch them at a later date or time. This allows me to record my favorite soap (The Young and the Restless!) and shows I might miss.

Since I also have a smartphone (a Droid X), I was also able to download the My FiOS App to be able to access my DVR and more! This app has been a real help in my life! I can program my DVR to record shows when I am away from my home, watch TV and movies, and use my smartphone as a remote! How cool is that?! I can tell you - it's pretty darn cool!

Check out this video to learn more about this awesome app:



Being able to program shows from my phone came in handy during ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas. A friend of mine at work had printed out the schedule for a few of us at work and when I got my copy and saw a few movies I wanted to see, I immediately opened my My FiOS App on my phone and programmed my DVR!

The My FiOS App also allows me to access my account, view bills, usage, etc. That is also very convenient! I don't have a connected home, but if I did, I could have accessed any cameras I had on my network, as well as thermostats, lights, and locks. I'm also able to access my personal photos and On Demand.

My kids have utilized On Demand to watch episodes of shows they may have missed. We all have been spoiled by this test drive, and have utilized every feature we possibly could on FiOS!

I'm a huge fan of FiOS now and I hope to keep it for years to come! I mentioned the widgets previously and I still access them, especially the Facebook widget! The weather widget is another one that I love!

Do you have Verizon FiOS? How do you like it?

Disclaimer: "I wrote this review while participating in a Test Drive campaign by Mom Central on behalf of VerizonFiOS and received a free trial of the products and services necessary to facilitate my review."


Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Wrapping up my Verizon FiOS Test Drive

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd