Sunday, November 6, 2011
Inevitably, you're going to have one person looking away while the photo is being taken - you may have one person laughing - you may have another looking agitated.
The photo above is one of the tries for our family Christmas card in 2010. We tried three different photos and each time, someone was doing something different in the photo. In one, I was so agitated, I looked plain MEAN! I finally chose the photo above to be our family photo, because it captured the rawness of our family. Everyone looks happy in the photo, and in the end, it turned out to be a great photo (when modified to black and white). I love that the children are laughing in the photo, and I truly look happy.
Shutterfly Family Photo Days is an initiative created to help families get their photos ready for their holiday cards. Family Photo Days begins in November and include the following activities to aid you in your goal: a perfect family photo:
- Digital toolkit posted online (with possible physical components as well for partner programs)
- House parties (sponsor hosts to create their own Family Picture Day out of their homes)
- Meetup.com (sponsor mother’s groups around the country to congregate and take family photos for their holiday cards)
- Video, Photos, blogger involvement (and/or other viral and social components)
- Facebook tie-in – ads, sponsored stories
- Contest/Promotion with a goal of driving excitement and awareness of Family Photo Day and Family Photo Day events – 5 winners based on type of photo – best funny family photo, most unique family photo, etc.
Are you ready to get your holiday photos done? Hopefully this post and the Family Photo Days initiative will help you get ready sooner! Good luck!
Disclaimer: I am participating in a blog tour promoting Shutterfly's Family Photo Days through Global Influence. I will receive 50 free holiday cards for my involvement in this project.