This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Holiday Gift Guide: Little Star by Anthony DeStefano  

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In my family, I began reading to my children when they were babies. It's a tradition we've held onto ever since then. (My youngest is 11!)

Family Review Network presented me with the opportunity to review Little Star by Anthony DeStefano, and I jumped at the chance, not only for what I said above, but because it sounded like a great Christmas story.

About Little Star:

“I think I understand!” Little Star cried out. “The baby Jesus is a king! He’s just little!”
A king is about to be born! The stars in the heavens are competing to shine the brightest to celebrate his birth. But when they see the poor family, the donkey, the shabby stable, the stars all think, That can’t possibly be a king. We’ve been fooled.

All except one.

The smallest, loneliest star in the sky, Little Star, is the only one to understand what the king was about to bring to the world. But what can Little Star do for him?

Certain to become a Christmas classic, this delightful tale connects the star atop our Christmas trees to the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of Jesus, in the hearts and minds of young children.

I'm impressed with this book. I never heard of any story like this. Who knew the reason why the stars go on top of our Christmas trees?! I sure didn't!

As you can see above, my daughter had a grand time reading this book! (She is a tad bit of a ham though!) She was shocked why the star goes on top of the Christmas tree too!

The story delighted us both and brought some tears to my eyes. I truly enjoy Christmas stories that focus on the true meaning of Christmas. I'm sure this will be a book we read in our home for many years to come, not only to my children, but to my younger cousins, nieces and nephews, and friends' children. It's a great story!

Have you read this book?

Disclaimer: This post was written for Family Review Network & Little Star who provided the complimentary product for review in exchange for my honest opinions.

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

2 comments: to “ Holiday Gift Guide: Little Star by Anthony DeStefano

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd