This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Wisdom  

Thursday, September 16, 2010


The older I get, the more wisdom I gain. I know that most of you will agree.

Remember being young and dumb and thinking we knew it all? That no one could teach us anything?

I wanted to write a post, not because I want to WRITE more (instead of just doing reviews and giveaways), but because I've been working for a little over a month now and things are looking better for me, and I'm an all around happier person right now. I still have the drama (that I can't control) but I've learned that I can't change anyone, and I just go on about my business. I feel so much wiser this year than I did last year, and I wanted to share a few of my thoughs with you, as well as a Bible verse that has a lot of meaning to me right now.

Won't you sit down and join me for a spot?

A couple of things I've learned in the past 6 months to a year:

  • Humility
  • Appreciation
  • Empathy
If any of you keep up with my blog, or my private blog, you may know why those three words are there and no others.

I personally think that God had a message for me, and it's still playing out. He did something really drastic because I wasn't listening.

This happens to most of us throughout our lives - because, let's face it - it's hard to remember that God IS IN CONTROL. I have that problem alot. I'm learning to let go of that and remember that God does have it. He IS in control.

Here's the reasons for those three words above:

Humility
A year ago, I was on top of the world. I had it all. I also had a very large ego and thought I was in control. I also have a big problem of being very untrusting and closed off, because of things that people have done to me in the past. I think this was God's way to remind me that we are all vulnerable and need to remember to be humble and thank Him daily.

Appreciation
God has brought me through ALOT of things in my life. I don't always remember to thank Him or even talk to him.
Does this happen to you? You get so caught up on daily life that sometimes you don't even Pray?
It happens to me and I need to be better. I vow to be better! I am so appreciative for God bringing me through many dark moments in my life, out of poisonous relationships, and especially for bringing me my children. They truly are my sanity and my reason for what I do.

Empathy
I always want people to understand how I'm feeling, and I know it's not all about me, but as with everything else, I get caught up in daily life and don't always remember that everyone has issues.

Dealing with some people that I've been dealing with for the past 8 or so months, has taught me to be more empathetic. I used to think that their behavior somehow resulted from something that I had done, or that my children had done. I've learned (and I honestly don't know how I forgot this one!) that sometimes misery truly does love company and that some people just aren't happy.

I feel empathy for these people because I know what it is like to be trapped in a prison - a manmade prison or a mental prison - they're pretty much the same! Remember, people will only do to us what we ALLOW them to do to us, so if you're experiencing a horrible time in your life, but you choose to not get out of it - then I can't do anything for you except be empathetic. After all, we know what happens when you give someone advice right?!

Here's a verse that I've been thinking about for weeks:

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Peace be with you, friends. :-)

Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Wisdom

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd