This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Happenings in the Simple household  

Monday, September 6, 2010

I've been slacking on my blog. Actually, I started a new job earlier this month and I haven't able to get much accomplished outside of work. Even that is a challenge in itself! Between dealing with things that I need to get done now that I have a steady income again, work, and getting the kids ready for school, I've been under alot of stress. My inbox has over a thousand emails that I am trying to get through.

Update on school

My kids started school a day late due to my lack of planning. I was hoping to be out of where I am staying prior to the beginning of school, but that didn't happen with me starting work in August. The school wouldn't let me register them until the day after school started. The school they attend is HUGE! It's a combined middle and high school. Can you imagine?! Grades 6 through 12 in ONE school?! 

I still have some more shopping to do for their clothes but right now I can't do much. I'll be doing some shopping online to supplement a little bit.

Update on work

I'm still waiting on my government account to be restored so I can actually work on the computer. I have a laptop from the company I work for so I sit in one of their offices until I can get on the government network, which should be this week.

I travelled to Ft. Monmouth, New Jersey this past Thursday for work. The company rented me a rental car and I drove three hours up and three hours back for the trip. I was supposed to do some training but we honestly didn't accomplish much. I may go back again a couple of times. We'll see.

General update

A few things got screwed up while I was out of work so I'm slowly picking up the pieces again. I'm hoping to have everything straight this month and be ready to move soon too. I'm so ready! I'm tired of being depressed, stressed, and lonely when there are so many people in the house. I have no support system outside of a couple of friends and it gets hard. It's very draining.

Type-A Mom Conference

I'm heading to Type-A Mom Conference this month and I'm really looking forward to meeting some great gals I've met online! Especially my online BFF Andrea from Moody Mama Says! The conference is from the 24th of September until the 26th, in Asheville, NC! 

I'm still looking for a sponsor or two to help offset the costs of the flight and the hotel stay. If you're interested in me spreading the word about your company - contact me!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

2 comments: to “ Happenings in the Simple household

  • Beth
    September 6, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

    I've been slacking on my blog, too! And I don't even have a new job to blame it on. lol. Congrats on the new job, and I hope that your stress and depression start to alleviate soon.

  • Andrea H
    September 7, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

    Hopefully things will straighten out for you soon. It will be good for you to get away for the conference and relax a little bit. I can't wait to meet you there!

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd