This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Yoursphere campaign wrap-up  

Saturday, July 3, 2010


My daughter and I have been having fun with Yoursphere the past couple of months, and I've told you about it here a few times.

The campaign is coming to a close, so I wanted to share with you my last post. We spent some time exploring more on Yoursphere this past week and I have some things to share with you.

I sat with my daughter and we wrote a blog post, although she didn't publish it (she was too shy!) and she played some games while I watched. I also watched her get fired from her job (lol!) and go around a few places in OurWorld.

Part of our last homework assignment was to ask our child if they understood the reward/credit system and she had no clue, but I showed her that you can trade your points in for cool stuff like T-shirts and more!


Above is a screenshot of items that she can trade her credits in for. I think this is really cool! Not only can she have fun on Yoursphere, but she can get cool items in return!

To wrap up the Yoursphere campaign, I want to share with you my honest opinion.

I love Yoursphere and my daughter does too. I sit with her constantly and although it's repetitive, I have to remind her that she has to be careful online. She shouldn't share her full name, address, school, etc. Since she has ADHD, I have to remind her of lots of things but this one to me is one of the the most important things I have to instill in her. The other moms in this campaign and I have shared our children's Yoursphere info with each other, so when they send her a friend request, they'll usually say that their mom is participating in the Mom Central review of Yoursphere. If they didn't say that in their friend request, I told my daughter to ignore the friend request. You just never know!

I like that you can be safe on this site, no matter who you are. I like that you can chat with your friends even if you're playing a game. I like that you can share things you love with the other members of the site via Spheres. I like the reward system.

All in all, I love Yoursphere and I think anyone with children should try it. It's a safe, fun environment.

The one thing I don't like is that as soon as you get to the main page on Yoursphere, a Miranda Cosgrove video immediately starts playing. Since I keep the volume up on my computer since it is a laptop, it's pretty loud and it has made me jump out of my skin a few times.

I've really enjoyed this campaign - to date, it's my favorite Mom Central Blog Campaign. You can try all the food you want, but situations like this don't come around all the time. 

I want you to try out Yoursphere with your kids! While Yoursphere is free, there is a code to track all those who sign up under this campaign. My code is YSMC-0061 and I'd appreciate if you'd use it to sign up. If you do, you're entered to win a weekly drawing to win a $50 gift card!

I hope you've enjoyed hearing about Yoursphere! 


Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in the Yoursphere Test Drive program by Mom Central on behalf of Yoursphere. I received a free lifetime Gold membership on Yoursphere.com, Yoursphere t-shirts, and a $50 American Express gift card to facilitate my review.


Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Yoursphere campaign wrap-up

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd