This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Review: Backyard Sports Sandlot Sluggers for Nintendo DS  

Friday, July 16, 2010

My daughter just LOVES her DSi and any new game I can get my hands on for her! In conjunction with the Game Review Network, I was offered to review Backyard Sports Sandlot Sluggers game for the DS. I've been familiar with these games for a few years now since my son has begged me for a few of the football versions for the PC, so I knew that even if my daughter didn't like this game, that my son would.

There are five different game modes you can play on this game:
  • Season - Take a team through a seven or fourteen week season, with or without playoffs
  • Family Fun - Two players can play as a co-op (only available on Xbox 460 and Wii)
  • Playoffs - exactly what it says
  • Story - a story of a baseball legend, starring YOU
  • Pick up - Play a quick game against the team of your choice
There are also mini games that you can play like: Hot Potato, Breakout, Dingers, The Cube, and Pickle, and each of these allow up to four players.

There are tons of achievements in this game that your children can accomplish, as well as special power-ups. Check out the Power-Ups Trailer on Amazon video trailer by clicking here.

Backyard Sports Sandlot Sluggers was released on May 25, 2010 and is available on the following game platforms:
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Microsoft XBox 360
  • XBox LIVE
Backyard Sports Sandlot Sluggers is rated E for everyone.

Our thoughts:

My two children at home and I have all played this game. We haven't played together, since you can't on the DS, but we have all enjoyed it immensely! My son has enjoyed it the most though, because he's the most into sports out of any of us.  This game is suitable for any child or adult who loves baseball and the Backyard Sports games.

Disclaimer: I was sent the product named above to review on behalf of the Game Review Network. The opinions expressed above are solely my own and yours may differ. Receiving a product will NEVER influence what I write in any review.

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

0 comments: to “ Review: Backyard Sports Sandlot Sluggers for Nintendo DS

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd