Monday, July 19, 2010
One of my favorite things about summer is grilling. Oh, the possibilities that you can create, along with the smell - it's like heaven to me! I've been watching a lot of Food Network recently and there's so many recipes that I want to try!
I was recently contacted to share some recipes for summer grilling fun on behalf of Ball Park franks, and I want to share some of those with you, as well as a GIVEAWAY!
Mango Chutney Smoked Turkey dog
Ballpark Smoked Turkey frank
Hot dog bun, split
Mango; medium ripe, medium dice
1 ½ cups
Vidalia onions; small dice
Light brown sugar
White wine vinegar
Fresh ginger; minced
chopped green onions
Crushed red pepper flakes
1. Place mango, onion, brown sugar. White wine vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and cumin in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook ingredients until mango and onions are soft, approximately 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
2. Grill the hot dogs.
3. Place hot dog in bun and top with mango chutney. If desired, sprinkle with chopped green onions and cilantro for freshness and some crushed red pepper for a bit of heat.
Roasted Apples and Sauerkraut dog
Hot dog bun, split
Yellow onions; thinly sliced
Granny smith apples; medium dice
Light brown sugar
Dry white wine
Stone ground mustard
Black pepper, freshly ground
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an oven-safe skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, approximately 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Next add sauerkraut and sauté for 3 minutes. Add apples and brown sugar, stir to combine and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add wine and transfer to oven to cook for 25 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Grill hot dog.
4. Place grilled dog in bun, top with stone ground mustard and apple-sauerkraut mixture
Cheesy Chili Dog Macaroni Bake:
1 cup elbow macaroni
1 can (15 oz.) prepared chili with beans
4 Ball Park® Franks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup crushed corn chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain.
Combine chili, franks and tomatoes in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until hot. Stir in macaroni and ½ cup of the cheese.
Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish; cover. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and top with remaining cheese combined with corn chips. Bake for 10 minutes or until hot.
Don't these sound great?! This reminds me of a Showdown with Bobby Flay that I was watching yesterday where Bobby challenged this guy in New York to a Showdown, and this contender makes a scrumptious looking hot dog topped with mac and cheese! YUM! It looked so good! (My mouth is literally watering right now!)
You can connect with Ball Park on Facebook.
Since summer is in full swing, we want to share some of the Ball Park goodness with you! I'm partial to beef hot dogs and I used my coupon to try out some of the NEW Beef Angus hot dogs. YUM!
I have three coupons for a FREE Ball Park product that I want to send to three lucky winners. (Each person will each win one coupon.)
To enter, visit Ball Park Franks and check out their recipe section, then come back here and tell me another recipe you saw there that you'd like to try out. (other than the ones listed here) (Required entry)
For extra entries, please view my Giveaway Rules, updated 5/12/10.
This giveaway will end on August 2nd. Winners will be chosen using Random.org and will be contacted via email, so please be sure to leave your email address in your comment.
Thanks for entering, and good luck!
Disclaimer: I was sent the product named above to review. The opinions expressed above are solely my own and yours may differ. Receiving a product will NEVER influence what I write in any review.