This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Partying with the WNBA and the Washington Mystics  

Tuesday, July 13, 2010


Sometimes I get really lucky and get to go to cool events. One 2 One Network sent my family to a WNBA game. I got to choose who I would see my local team, the Washington Mystics, beat. (Unfortunately, Baltimore doesn't have a WNBA team.)



The trip to DC that day was pretty eventful. I thought we weren't going to be able to make it. My car had been overheating and was not being driven, but luckily I was able to borrow someone's car to get there. While we were headed down to DC, that car started acting up. We stopped at a gas station somewhere and tried to figure out what it was that was going on with the car, and if we should continue. We decided to continue because it wasn't too bad what the car was doing. 

We got to DC and we were late because of the car issue - and then traffic was crazy even though it was a Thursday evening. I snapped some pics of Chinatown - check them out:





Even the BB&T bank has Chinese on it!

At any rate, we got the parking garage at the Verizon Center and were quickly rushed into the VIP parking area. It was SWEET! Good thing we were in a Buick and not my Hyundai because I would have really felt out of place! 

We found our seats easily but by then it was already halftime. We were like 5 rows up. We had a great view of the court:





We watched the Mystics play the Los Angeles Sparks and it was a great game! They won 68-53 and right up until the end it was a nail-biter! The game was tied up and I was nervous, but the girls pulled through!



I'm so glad I got to experience this basketball game! I've never gone to a basketball game, let alone a WNBA game! GIRL POWER! I remember when WNBA started and it was a huge accomplishment for women! I hope that more people realize this (especially the younger generation) because the WNBA teams need our support!

After the game, we were allowed to attend an autograph session with two of the players. I can't find the photos I took of our signed items, but we were able to get a few of the T-shirts that the WNBA sent us autographed, as well as a couple of the player's photos. We couldn't take any photos of them as we were waiting for autographs, due to the amount of people, only as we were in line. I decided just to not take any.


In conjunction with this review, the WNBA and One 2 One Network want to share a discount on the tickets for any Mystics game with you! Get $60 tickets for $35 and $30 seats for $15 using the code WNBABLOG here: http://bit.ly/WNBAMysticsTix

This is a great activity for anyone to do with their family! It's fun and a great way to beat the summer heat! 

Washington Mystics fans - visit the Mystics Fan Experience

Thanks, One 2 One Network, and the WNBA for providing us with the Tshirts and this awesome opportunity! I hope it helps to reinforce what I teach my daughter - that women can do ANYTHING!




Disclaimer: I was sent tickets to the game and some T-shirts to facilitate in this review. The opinions expressed above are solely my own and yours may differ. Receiving a product will NEVER influence what I write in any review.


Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Partying with the WNBA and the Washington Mystics

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd