This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

I'm inspired by the women at Violence UnSilenced  

Friday, July 9, 2010

We all have a story to tell. Whether or not WE think it is interesting or worth telling, does not matter. Someone may benefit from your story no matter what it is.


I have quite a story myself, but I'm not quite ready to tell it. I have shared parts of it with some of you, and I'm sure you know that is why I read and LOVE Violence UnSilenced


Violence UnSilenced




Even now, in my current situation, (although it is nothing like what you will read over at Violence UnSilenced) sometimes all I want is for someone to listen to me. I feel alone alot of the time, even though I know I'm not, but it's sad that sometimes when I need someone, they're not paying attention to know that I need some attention. I just need a minute for someone to listen.


I always try to be there for anyone who needs me, although recently it's become increasingly more difficult to be there for anyone, as I'm consumed with my own issues. I try to remind myself that we all need someone, and I could be that someone that day that they needed.

We all need someone to take time for us and make us feel special, even if just for fifteen minutes.

If you are familiar with domestic violence and violence towards women, and you haven't read Violence UnSilenced yet, please take a moment to check it out. You'll be inspired just like me!






Bookmark and Share
Email this post


3 comments: to “ I'm inspired by the women at Violence UnSilenced

  • TheEclecticElement
    July 9, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

    This is such a beautiful and powerful post Angie!

    Even though I don't understand what you went through, I understand the needing someone to be there for you and feeling alone when nobody is there to help you through.

    That's why I, too, try to be there when someone needs it.

  • Brandy
    July 10, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

    Wow, powerful for sure! Thanks for sharing this. My mother was abused by my father, so although I don't have much of a "personal" myself story I have been the child of this type of violence and have seen how hard it can be for someone to move forward from it!((HUGS))

  • Maggie, dammit
    July 10, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

    Thank you so much for this. I truly appreciate your help in spreading the word about VU, and I love your point about the need to by heard. That's it exactly.

    Thank you!

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd