Friday, July 30, 2010
A couple of weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to have a DOLE Smoothie Party. I had the party on July 10th, and now I'm going to share our experience with you! I don't have any photos since some of my friends didn't want their photos on my blog. :-(
I made some Fluffy Orange Punch beverages for my guests, and some Lips Like Cherries.These smoothies were delicious and so easy to make with DOLE Frozen Fruit!
We've been having a heat wave in Maryland for almost the whole month of July, so I picked a perfect day to host a smoothie party! We just hung out on the back deck, drank some smoothies (some were spiked! shhh) and had some girl talk. There were a couple of children in attendance too, and we set up a Slip-n-Slide for them to cool down too! I also received a $10 iTunes gift card to help out with some tunes, so we were jamming out too!
The party was fun and thanks to DOLE and Rogers PR for hooking us up!
DOLE FROZEN SMOOTHIE TIPS
· Here’s a little secret: with DOLE Frozen Fruit, there’s no need to add ice to your smoothie. It’s already naturally cold and delicious!
· Unlike pre-made smoothie mixes that can be surprisingly unhealthy and lack variety, DOLE Frozen Fruit allows you to tailor your smoothie to your tastes exactly! And you’ll be catching up on your daily fruit and vegetable servings at the same time.
· Smoothies made with DOLE Frozen Fruit are also a great way to take and keep extra weight off, especially during (gasp!) bathing suit season. Naturally fat-free and low-calorie, DOLE Frozen Fruit helps you and your family stay happy AND healthy.
· Here are a few smoothie recipes to get the creative “juices” flowing! And you can find many more varieties at www.Dole.com:
DOLE FROZEN FRUIT TIPS
· Using DOLE Frozen Fruit is a more economical way to cook since you can use a little and save the rest for later, ensuring nothing goes to waste!
· DOLE Frozen Fruit is more uniform in size and flavor, which optimizes recipe outcomes.
· DOLE Frozen Fruit is ideal for toppings, baking, fruit salads or simply as a healthy snack.
· DOLE Wildly Nutritious Heart Healthy Mixed Fruit is a colorful mix of pineapple, strawberries, peaches, honeydew and mangoes.
· DOLE Wildly Nutritious Immunity Blend - Tropical Fruit is a delicious mix of pineapple, mango, golden kiwi, papaya and strawberries.
· DOLE Wildly Nutritious Antioxidant Blend is a nutritious mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Each serving of DOLE Wildly Nutritious Antioxidant Blend provides double the industry standard of effective antioxidant activity.
DOLE FROZEN FRUIT VARIETIES
· Dark Sweet Cherries
· Pineapple Chunks
· Sliced Peaches
· Sliced Strawberries
· Sliced Strawberries in Sugar Tub
· Whole Strawberries
· Wild Blueberries
· Wildly Nutritious Mixed Berries
· Wildly Nutritious Mixed Fruit
· Wildly Nutritious Tropical Fruit
I have ten coupons for DOLE Frozen Fruit to give away to some lucky readers!
To enter, visit the Smoothie recipe section of DOLE's website and tell me another smoothie you'd like to try. (Required entry)
For extra entries, please view my Giveaway Rules, updated 5/12/10.
This giveaway will end on August 13th. Giveaway is open to US Residents aged 18 and older. Winners will be emailed, so please be sure to leave your email address in your comment.
Disclaimer: I was sent some coupons for free DOLE frozen fruit and a $10 iTunes card to host a smoothie party and facilitate in this review. The opinions expressed above are solely my own and yours may differ. Receiving a product will NEVER influence what I write in any review.