This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Delicious dinners with Barilla  

Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm a HUGE pasta lover. I could eat pasta every night for dinner and not get tired of it. It's so versatile and you can make it with any type of meat, or none at all! Today I'm going to share the "Share the Table", a Family Dinner Project and a recipe that I used here at home with you, but first I'm going to tell you about the Share the Table.

This past year, Barilla launched "Share the Table," a program aimed at empowering families to make the most of dinnertime. As the program enters its second year, Barilla has redesigned the Share the Table website, to provide more recipes from chefs like Mario Batali and tips on how families can make meal time more meaningful. 

To help families get started sharing the table, Barilla now offers "Pasta Friday Sweepstakes" with weekly winners of pasta and pasta sauce giveaways and has created the "Mealtime Moments Contest," which gives families who commit to enhancing mealtime the opportunity to share their stories and win select prizes throughout the summer. For each person that becomes a fan of meaningful meals at, Barilla will donate $1 to Meals on Wheels Association of America, helping seniors at risk of hunger get the nutritious food they need.

I believe in healthy meals and time spent at the dinner table. My parents did it when I was growing up and I do it with my children. I cook most nights and we eat dinner at the table as a family and share the day's events. It keeps me close to my children and we have a very open relationship. 

When I received the items from Mom Central to do this review, I checked out some recipes on the Barilla site that I would like to try. I really wanted to try this recipes, once I browsed for awhile: Farfalle with Bacon, Spinach and Tomato. Here's what it looks like:

Here's the recipe:


1 BOX Barilla Farfalle
4 SLICES Bacon
1 CUP Fresh Plum Tomato, Diced
2 CUPS Fresh Spinach, Packed
3 CLOVES Garlic, Chopped
1/4 CUP White Wine
1/2 CUP Heavy Cream
TO TASTE Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
2 TABLESPOONS  Fresh Parsley, Chopped

Cooking Instructions

    BRING a pot of water to a boil. CUT bacon into 1 inch pieces julienne, place in a hot pan and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon and set aside. COOK Farfalle according to package directions. ADD tomatoes to skillet and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. DEGLAZE pan with white wine. Reduce liquid by 3/4 and add salt, pepper, and heavy cream. Reduce liquid again by 3/4. ADD bacon and fresh spinach to skillet. Stir to combine. DRAIN cooked Farfalle and combine with sauce mixture in skillet. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.

The kids and I both loved it! I am happy that I started my kids out early eating vegetables and different types of foods so I don't get much resistance when I'm serving their food. They even like brussel sprouts! This meal was easy, delicious, and healthy, so it's a win-win for everyone!

Be sure to check out the recipes on the Barilla site and enter the sweepstakes! The site has tons of great recipes and tips like Pasta 101. It's a great site!

Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Barilla and received products necessary to facilitate my candid review.

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

0 comments: to “ Delicious dinners with Barilla

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd