Friday, July 30, 2010
Leslie Press is Next Day Blinds’ Home Expert and below are her 5 tips on how to beat the heat in your home this summer:
- Go Solar: Did you know that single pane un-shaded windows account for up to 45% of a home's accumulated heat? All window treatments have energy saving properties, but some are inherently more efficient than others. Solar Sheers are a great choice for addressing energy concerns.
- Dishwasher Woes: Instead of using your dishwasher, which adds to the house temperature, pull out those rubber gloves and scrub the dishes with cool water instead.
- Air Conditioner Maintenance Is Key: Maintaining your air conditioners properly is super important and a great way to maximize efficiency—clean filters often in this heat! If buying a new air conditioner, make sure it is properly sized .
- No One’s Home?: You may not realize this but turning off the lights, air conditioners and closing all of your shades when leaving a room will keep your room cooler your return.
- Stay Hydrated, Even Inside The Home: Keep your body cool and hydrated with icy refreshing beverages like cold water of frozen beverages.
$250 off $2500 or more
$500 off $5000 or more
Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any manner for sharing this information with my readers.