This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Yoursphere update  

Tuesday, June 8, 2010



Last month, I told you how I'm a Yoursphere Ambassador. For the past month or so, my daughter and I have been exploring Yoursphere.com. Until the end of the blog tour, I'll be posting about our experiences on the site a couple of times a month. I will also share a code with you so you can sign up your child (see the bottom of this post for that code!)

My daughter has gotten into Yoursphere so much so that I barely have to monitor her on the site. Why? Because I know she's safe there. *I'm in no way saying that I don't monitor her use on the computer or on Yoursphere, but I am saying that I have trust in the site and in her, after having many talks with her about Internet Safety.

She and I have interacted with other Mom Central Yoursphere Ambassadors, made friends on the site with some of their children, created our own spheres of stuff we love, interacted with other members on Our 360, and played games.

She's discovered some of the things that we were to do before we were given them as "homework". (Yes, we have homework while participating in this review - it's not all fun and games.) (Okay, you may have caught me in a little white lie there...) Seriously though, there's so much to do on the site, it's easy for her and I to get sucked in and enjoy the many parts of the site that there are available.

Although I've had to do some "mommy maintenance" of my daughter's profile - you know, having pictures deleted that included people other than her (like ME!), and watching who she is conversing with online, I'm also pretty confident in the site and the creators of the site, as well as my daughter. I don't mind monitoring who my daughter is talking to online, no matter where she is, because that's my job. It's better to be proactive than find out later something that I could have prevented.

She asks me every day if she can get on Yoursphere. Some days we're too busy but the end of the school year is next Tuesday so I'm sure she'll get more time on the site.

I mentioned to you previously, you can sign your child up for Yoursphere.com using the code YSMC-0061 - it is free to use and it's great for tweens and teens! 


Another great thing about this code is that if you use this code to sign up for the site, you will get entered into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card! So hurry and sign up already would ya?!


Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in the Yoursphere Test Drive program by Mom Central on behalf of Yoursphere. I received a free lifetime Gold membership on Yoursphere.com, Yoursphere t-shirts, and a $50 American Express gift card to facilitate my review.


Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Yoursphere update

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd