This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Review: One EskimO  

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One thing that I like about my "job" as a product reviewer, is getting to sample new products and music, especially the music, although I don't get that opportunity nearly enough. I love music and always have. Until a couple of years ago, I always had my 50-disc changer playing, shuffling songs from all of my favorites - anyone from Fleetwood Mac to Usher.

One2One Network has given me quite a few opportunities to hear new music since I joined them. One EskimO is just one of these bands that I've gotten to hear that I might not have listened to before.

I've been listening to this CD since I got it and I love it. The music soothes me and I just love music that I can unwind to. This CD will be on heavy rotation in my car and at home!

Some info about One EskimO:

  • One eskimO is a critically-acclaimed English band fronted by singer-songwriter Kristian Leontiou and includes musicians Pete Rinaldi (guitar), Jamie Sefton (bass, horns) and Adam Falkner (drums).  

  • They currently have the #1 adult alternative song called 'Kandi' which you may have already heard since it's the most played song on all adult rock radio 4 weeks and counting

  • Billboard Magazine calls One eskimO's self-titled debut album "...catchy, ambient pop." and Los Angeles Times Magazine hails the song "Kandi" a beautiful, aspirational track.”  The album is available in stores now. 

  • The album release comes in tandem with a full length animated film.  “Hometime”, one of the tracks that an animated short was first done with proved to be quite a sensation.  It received numerous honors at film festivals around the world, as well as a 2008 British Animation Award.

  • Band is on tour May/June/July supporting Michael Franti and in addition to festivals and headlining shows

Tour Dates

Jun 01     Toronto, ON              The Guvernment
Jun 03    New York, NY           The Beach at Governor’s Island
Jun 04     Boston, MA               House of Blues
Jun 05     Essex Junction, VT   Camplain Valley Expo
Jun 06     Hunter, NY                Mountain Jam Festival
Jun 08     Royal Oak, MI           Royal Oak Music Thtr
Jun 09     Grand Rapids, MI     Orbit Room
Jun 12     Memphis, TN            Minglewood Hall
Jun 13     Kansas City, MO       Crossroads
Aug 14    Denver, CO               Mile High Festival

Track Listing:


Simple Day
Givin Up
All Balloons
Chosen One

Connect with One EskimO on the following platforms:

Disclaimer: I was sent the product named above to review. The opinions expressed above are solely my own and yours may differ. Receiving a product will NEVER influence what I write in any review.

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

0 comments: to “ Review: One EskimO

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd