This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Medical alert systems can save your life  

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Medical Guardian. All opinions are 100% mine.

Dxs62pen


When I get older, I plan to have a medical alert system that can help me in case I'm alone in my home. Fact of the matter is that I'm single now - I might be single then still. If not, cool, but if so, I'm good with that too!

There are many reasons to get Medical Guardian:



Access to help if you fall and can't reach a phone
It's possible that the ambulance can get to you faster with this device
If you're alone, no one can make that call for you
All you have to do is push a button to call for help

My parents are caring my grandmother in their home and she recently broke her arm. I'm not sure who found or how long she was there alone, but both of my parents work and this device could have helped my grandmother get care more quickly. I believe she fell in the shower, but here are some tips to prevent falls at home:

1.Talk to your doctor about falls prevention. Have regular vision and hearing tests. Take prescription and over-the-counter medications correctly . Keep a medication record and review it regularly with your doctor. Tell your doctor if your medication makes you dizzy or lightheaded.

3. Install proper lighting throughout your home. Pay special attention to stairs (with a light switch at both ends) and bathrooms. Use night-lights in the hallways, particularly between the bedroom and bathroom.

4. Keep your floor and stairs free of clutter (avoid the use scatter rugs)

5. Be sure to have at least one handrail (preferably two) on all stairways and steps in your home. Ensure handrails are securely attached and in good repair. 


With a medical alert system, you can live independently and still be safe. 


Visit my sponsor: Medical Alert System

Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Medical alert systems can save your life

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd