This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Gmail: You're really making me mad  

Sunday, June 6, 2010

I don't know if anyone has experienced any problems with GMail as of late but I have more problems than a little bit with them right now.  I'm hoping that if someone else has had these problems, that they can tell me how to fix it. I also hope that maybe someone at Gmail sees this, and will help me out.

I get ALOT of emails every day. I USED TO get more than I get now. I've used Gmail for about 2 years and I have been very happy with this free email service. Until now.

A couple of months ago I discovered that emails that I had previously deleted kept returning to my Trash folder. I'm talking THOUSANDS of emails. Since I get pitches for my blogs, personal emails, and a wide variety of other emails, I'm concerned that my incoming emails won't be delivered because of this problem. Even though my inbox says I'm using less than 8% of the storage allotted to me, I have seen it before that emails came late when I had a lot of emails in my inbox (usually more than 800). I posted about this on a Gmail help forum and didn't really get any resolution.

Then I decided to import my Gmail into Outlook, and it took me three days to import approximately 18 thousand emails (from 2 years of use!) into Outlook. Outlook seemed to work fine, until I realized that many feeds for blogs that I subscribe to weren't being delivered. I don't know why, but that's what is happening. I went to Feedblitz to try to see if those feeds were being rejected - apparently they're still coming to me. I can't figure out how to analyze my Feedburner incoming feeds so I can't check those.

I switched back to using Gmail on the web about a week ago, hoping that would solve the problem. It hasn't.

I still have to check my trash daily and there's always 1400 or so emails in there. I get about 200-300 emails a day (when I get my feeds) so I know that these emails have been deleted before. I don't get 1400 emails a day so I don't know what's going on.

Does anyone out there have any tips?



Bookmark and Share
Email this post


3 comments: to “ Gmail: You're really making me mad

  • Gail from GrowMap
    June 6, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

    I know you don't know me and probably don't read my blog so you don't know where I'm coming from yet but I just have to share this.

    Do you want to trust your life to Google? Do you really TRUST a company that felt the need to have a slogan like "Don't Be Evil". I know honest people and their thoughts don't go there.

    The people I have run across in my life that say "trust me" are the ones you can't trust. They are the high pressure sales people, the con artists and the proverbial used car salesmen.

    Google already decides what blogs and businesses you see when you search, which advertisers get prime position in their search engines - do you really want them to decide whose email gets through to you and what doesn't and which blog feeds you receive and which disappear?

    Google's CEO has announced that their plan is to favor Big Brands over everyone else. He said, " The internet is fast becoming a "cesspool" where false information thrives, Google CEO Eric Schmidt said yesterday. Speaking with an audience of magazine executives visiting the Google campus here as part of their annual industry conference, he said their brands were increasingly important signals that content can be trusted.

    "Brands are the solution, not the problem," Mr. Schmidt said. "Brands are how you sort out the cesspool."

    PLEASE read that post and my comment at SEOBook.

    Picture an Internet where only the information provided by "trusted brands" can be found online and you see the Google / multi-national Corporate dream of regaining control of all media.

    We as bloggers are the solution to losing the Internet as we know it. WE can influence others to STOP USING GMAIL and GOOGLE. There ARE independent alternatives.

    Please read my post linked to this comment (I hope) about how why our economy is in decline and what each one of us as individuals can do about it.

    I hope you, as a thinker and wise blogger will seriously consider what I have written here. If you're not sure please come and ask me about any questions you may have or any evidence you want to see.

    Feel free to edit this comment or think on it for a while instead of automatically deleting it as the ramblings of some nut. I assure you I am not crazy - just able to see how history is repeating itself over and over.

  • TheEclecticElement
    June 6, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

    Unfortunately, I've been hearing more and more similar experiences with technology these days-I'm wondering if technology is just revolting?

    Whatever the case, I hope you get it figured out soon!!

  • Gail from GrowMap
    June 6, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

    I have a solution: only use independent software, applications and Web sites that have our best interests at heart AND only spend our hard-earned money at small local and online businesses.

    In the post that I linked to the long comment above this one I explained why that will create more abundance for the working classes of every country.

    In my post about Why Marketing is NOT Evil - it is how we find the products and services we need and want - there are statistics about where the money we spend goes and the massive underemployment numbers that indicate there can be NO recovery if we keep going down this road. We must create our own!

    We bloggers can create a better standard of living for ourselves and turn things around.

    If you and your blogger friends could use some extra cash be sure to check out the huge FamousBloggers-ComLuv Blogging Contest.

    Our prize money is already at $2850 and we have commitments to take it to $3150. This is the first time we've done this so it could go to $4000 or even $5000 and we're discussing having contests with ever larger cash prizes every quarter.

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd