This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Wild strawberries  

Monday, May 3, 2010

Not many memories of my childhood are pleasant (long story if you're a first time reader) but one memory I have is being young in rural Hookstown, Pennsylvania, is the wild strawberries. I'm a sucker for strawberries, and for some reason, wild strawberries are THE BEST!

Anytime I have strawberries or am touching them, I relive my childhood days, playing on our five acres, and I relive the wonder and joy of the times that I came across some wild strawberries in our yard.

Yesterday, I was slicing up some strawberries and preparing them for us to eat them, and I couldn't help but think of my childhood days.

Isn't it wonderful, looking back on your childhood, reliving those days when the adult problems we face now were a million miles away? Reliving the wonder and joy in all things new and innocent?


Bookmark and Share
Email this post


1 comments: to “ Wild strawberries

  • Brandy
    May 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

    I always loved eating strawberries but hated picking them because you had to bend down to pick them! I am lazy and like to stand while picking berries! LOL

    Great post, it's fun to remember when sometimes!

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd