This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Review: Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice  

Monday, May 24, 2010


I'm a big fan of rice - I always have been. It's good for you and it's so versatile! It can go with any meal and you can mix it with all types of different flavors. Yum!

I literally like all types of rice - Wild Rice, Brown Rice, and this rice that I didn't even know existed: Whole Grain White Rice from Uncle Ben's. It's a great source of fiber, it has 45g Whole Grains per serving, it's low fat, cholesterol free, and there are no preservatives, artificial colors, or MSG. All of those items right there mean that this rice is my new favorite!

We all know how hard it is to get our kids to eat whole grains, and with the ever-prevalent array of processed foods out there that are no good for us, let alone our still-growing kids, it's getting even harder to find food that truly is good for us.

The rice comes in a variety of flavors from traditional Long Grain to Chicken, Broccoli Cheddar, Taco Style and Sweet Tomato. The best part? It cooks in 10 minutes!

I love this rice and so did my kids! I use fat-free chicken broth in place of water, and I add some salt and pepper for some taste, and the rice is tasty and still good for us! We love it and the kids didn't know it was good for them!

 

Disclaimer: I wrote  this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Uncle Ben’s and received samples to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.


Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Review: Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd