This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Poll results: subscribing to blogs  

Friday, May 21, 2010

I recently put up a poll in my right sidebar, regarding subscribing to blogs. I asked my readers if you preferred a full feed, a partial feed, if it doesn't matter about the feed because you visit the blog daily, or you don't subscribe to blogs.

First, I want to share why I created this poll on blog subscription preferences because even though I'm a blogger, I began as a blog reader. I started reading blogs about 3 years ago when I got into entering sweepstakes. I began subscribing to blog to get extra entries into the giveaways, which usually offer 3 extra entries for each giveaway (depending on whose blog you are visiting).

I personally keep my feed as the full feed, even though I've seen people talking about changing this because people steal their content. I also keep my feed as the full feed because, even though I love to read alot of blogs, ideally, I don't have time in each day to visit every single blog that I love. Matter of fact, even if I set aside 2 hours a day each day of the week, I still wouldn't visit every blog I love. I read a wide variety of blogs, from crafting blogs to review blogs to blogs that teach you about blogging.

Recently, I began unsubscribing from feeds that have switched to partial feeds or a feed that just lists the headline of the article. I figure that I just don't have enough time to click on all of the links that I get in my emails. (I get upwards of 200-300 emails a day.)


The results of my poll are as follows:

26 of you voted

  • 13 people prefer a full feed
  • 9 prefer a partial feed
  • 3 say it didn't matter because they visit the blog daily
  • 1 person said they don't subscribe to blogs
I appreciate all of you who took time out to vote. I had changed the end date twice because I forgot that the poll ended and I couldn't see the results! I wish that Google would change how Blogger polls behave, so that I would have been able to retrieve my data without extending the poll, so maybe they'll see this and update the polls for us, someday.

For now, I'm going to keep my feed as a full feed. I like traffic just as much as the next blogger but I also like to keep my readers happy. If you see a post that catches your eye, you will come visit. And thank you for continuing to come visit A Simple Kinda Life!


And I'm not worried about anyone stealing my content, because once I find out about it, I will utilize my rights and prosecute the plagiarizer to the fullest extent of the law!


Bookmark and Share
Email this post


1 comments: to “ Poll results: subscribing to blogs

  • Sarah
    May 22, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

    I'm like you, I read many many many (probably too many) blogs. I use Google Reader which helps me out a lot. I have unsubscribed to most all blogs that only do partial feeds. I feel like most people who do partial feeds do it for the traffic. But in reality I'm less likely to click through.

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd