This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

I'm a Yoursphere Ambassador  

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One thing I like the most about having a review blog, besides the networking of course, is the products and services I get to try out and introduce to you, my readers. I've always been one of the first to go out and try a new product and I ALWAYS have told people about the stuff I love!

Mom Central is one of my favorite avenues for finding out about new products or services. Not only do they have great opportunities for their bloggers, but they also present interesting subjects to us.

As you know, I'm a mom of teens and a tween. My kids are 15, 13, and 11. Their online presence is a constant worry to me because no matter what you hammer into your kids about personal information and how much to share, how are you truly sure what they are doing online without being rightthere while they're online?

My older two children have been on MySpace for a couple of years (shhh!) with the only condition being that if they were going to join, I would have to have access to their accounts, or they couldn't have one. I have used this authority on one or two occasions, but mostly I give them their personal space while they're online.

One thing that helped was having the computer in a central location (the living room) but now that our living situation has changed, and I no longer am using a desktop computer, I'm not always right there to monitor what they're doing online, but I do keep track of them in other ways.

The one I worry about the most is my youngest child. She's got ADHD and is sometimes too trusting, even in real life. I worry about her constantly. I find myself reminding her about sharing personal information online ALL THE TIME.

Now that she's on, I won't have to worry so much, but I will still keep track.

What is Yoursphere?

A kid friendly site, offers social media on training wheels. A safe way for kids and tweens to explore the wonders of the internet, while housed in a safe, supportive, and entertaining environment. A virtual playground where kids can be themselves, without the pressure and influence of growing up too fast or the risks of privacy invasion they might experience through other social networks. As part of the registration process, each parent has to verify their identity for their child to become a member. This helps to ensure the safety of the Yoursphere community.

Kids can create their own profile, start a blog, share pictures, or meet up with friends while playing hundreds of free age-appropriate interactive games in the "Our World" section of the site. They can also discuss their interests among the sports, music, fashion, gaming, academics, performing arts and more groups. Founded by Mary Kay Hoal, a mom of five school-aged kids who desired an online destination that would combine privacy, protection and amusement for her children, harbors a platform abundant with possibilities that will be a rewarding transition into social networking for your children.

Do you have a tween or teen that you would like to have try out Use the following code while registering: YSMC-0061. The site is free to join and use, so what do you have to lose? There's all kinds of cool stuff for kids (even contests!) and I'm sure they'll love it!

*You can also email me privately if you'd like our kids to "friend each other" on!

My daughter is the main reason I wanted to join this program from Mom Central, and so far she loves it, and so do I! We both hope to see you and your kids there!

A few more things I'd like to share with you about this program -

You can subscribe to Yoursphere founder Mary Kay Hoal's internet and social networking safety blog.
"Like" Yoursphere on Facebook.
Follow Mary Kay Hoal on Twitter.

I look forward to sharing Yoursphere with you over the coming months! I hope you stop by for the journey!

Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in the Yoursphere Test Drive program by Mom Central on behalf of Yoursphere. I received a free lifetime Gold membership on, Yoursphere t-shirts, and a $50 American Express gift card to facilitate my review.

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

1 comments: to “ I'm a Yoursphere Ambassador

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd