This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Ham and cheddar quiche and bacon and spinach quiche recipes  

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The other day I had a hankering for some quiche. If you've never had quiche before, you really have to try it! My mother used to make it when we were growing up and although it took a few years for me to truly appreciate quiche, it's now one of my favorite dishes. I decided to Google some new quiche recipes because I had some ham in the freezer that I wanted to use but I also wanted to try a kind that I hadn't tried before, althought I wasn't sure what it was.

Here's the two recipes that I narrowed it down to:

Paula Deen's Spinach and Bacon Quiche

Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches

In case you don't want to click either of the links, here's the recipes:

Paula Deen's Spinach and Bacon Quiche

Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
Level: Easy
Serves: 8

6 large eggs, beaten
1.5 c. heavy cream
salt and pepper
2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1.5 c. shredded Swiss cheese
1 9-in. pie crust

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Combine the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.

The only changes I made is that I used a hand mixer to mix the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper, and I had sliced Swiss on hand that I needed to use up, so I used about 8 slices of that, and I just cut it up. It worked fine! 

Here's a photo:

What you see in the photo above is the egg mixture began coming out of the pie shell almost immediately. I followed the directions to a T so I'm not sure why I had this spillage, but next time I will use a little less cream to avoid this situation from happening again.

Here's what the quiche looks like inside:

My favorite was the Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches.

Here's the recipe for those:

3 eggs, beaten
1/4 lb. deli ham, finely chopped
salt and pepper
1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Crescent rolls
1 TBS. Parsley


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine eggs, cheese, ham, parsley, salt, and pepper. Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles. Press firmly on the perforations to seal. Cut each of the rectangles into 6 squares. Press each square into the bottom and up the side of 24 ungreased mini muffin pan. Pour about 1 TBS. egg mixture into each cup and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until egg mixture is set and quiches are golden.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 24

Now, I did alter this recipe too, because I've never had or made a quiche with eggs and no milk or anything, so I added 1 cup of heavy cream to the eggs. I also added a small green pepper that I chopped, for some extra flavor and color!

Here's what they looked like when they came out:

And that was my breakfast this morning. Yum!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

5 comments: to “ Ham and cheddar quiche and bacon and spinach quiche recipes

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd