This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Wild animals are sometimes a nuisance  

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Woodstream. All opinions are 100% mine.

Wild animals can be a nuisance, getting in your trash, eating your birdseed, and even sneaking into your garden to eat your fruits and vegetables. I haven't personally had a problems with wild animals in years, mostly because I don't live in a rural area. (Or is it maybe because I just don't notice?) Either way, if I were to have problems with wild animals such as raccoons getting into my trash, first of all I'd have to call my local humane society to see what I should do. I don't know if they would recommend trapping it or if they would send someone to get it. I would definitely want the animal to be treated fairly and humanely, because when I was growing up my parents had neighbors who had two pet raccoons and I used to be around them quite often.

I imagine that if the Humane Society recommended that I should trap the animal and release it later, I would use a Havahart Easy Set Small Animal Trap or a Havahart Easy Set Large Animal Trap, after looking up Animal Trapping Tips, because I honestly have no clue!

To be honest, I don't want anything to happen to any animals so trapping them and relocating them to a more suitable area would be the best course of action. The Easy Set Small and Large Animal Traps are the safest that I've seen - there's a barrier between where I would be and the animal, so that would make me feel more secure. These traps are perfect for first time trappers such as myself, and are easy to use.

Visit my sponsor: Havahart - Yep! A Brand With a Big Heart!



Bookmark and Share
Email this post


1 comments: to “ Wild animals are sometimes a nuisance

  • Heather
    April 29, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

    To be honest, relocation should be a last resort. And the Humane Society won't be helping you. They only deal with pets. Fish and Game doesn't have time to deal with all of the inquiries that come into them, plus they don't want the liability that comes with "advice". So they usually just suggest you hire a trapper. However I saw documentation years ago put out by them that indicated that a high percentage of animals trapped and released don't survive the relocation process. Here is a post I wrote on this subject last year:
    http://justmespoutingoff.blogspot.com/2009/08/one-of-my-pet-peeves.html

    But its good that you are thinking about it and asking yourself these questions!

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd