This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Review: EcoSMART Organic Bug Control  

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm on a quest to reduce my carbon footprint. I have been recycling cans for years, and recently started recycling plastics in the neighborhood where I live, and I've recycled paper and magazines for years also. I've also begun switching to non-toxic cleaners.

EcoSMART contacted me recently to do a review and a giveaway of their organic bug control products. I figured since I'm already making small changes (as stated above), why not go one step further and use organic items for controlling bugs and weeds?

About EcoSMART:

EcoSMART has been issued 40 U.S. patents and 55 foreign patents, with multiple applications pending. The Company has 20 product formulations that are exempt from EPA registration under the rules defined in the 1996 Food Quality Protection Act. Under these rules, EcoSMART’s EPA exempt products can make unique, explicit safety claims not allowed with traditional pesticides. These safety claims enable EcoSMART to clearly distinguish itself from conventional, synthetic products.

EcoSMART’s patented technology is based on the natural defenses that plants and trees use for their self protection against insects and pathogens – essential oils. After over a decade of research, EcoSMART had developed revolutionary and proprietary combinations of efficacious insecticidal plant oils that offer viable botanical-based alternatives to conventional pesticides.

Why EcoSMART’s Patented Botanical Products Are A Better Choice :

  • Unique and Patented Mode-of-Action
  • Unprecedented Margin of Safety
  • Extremely Effective Against a Broad Spectrum of Insect Pests
  • Cost Effective and Easy-To-Use Versus Conventional Products
  • Performance Comparable to Conventional Products
  • Perfect Fit For All IPM and “Green” Programs
  • No Known Pest Resistance Issues
  • Unique Mode-of-Action
  • Targets Insects: Not People or the Environment

The Octopamine Blocker

Octopamine is a key neurotransmitter found in invertebrates (i.e. insects). Octopamine is the insect’s equivalent to adrenaline. It regulates their heart rate, movement, behavior and metabolism. This unique molecular structure in EcoSMART Botanicals™ targets and blocks the Octopamine neurotransmitter receptors in insects. Blocking Octopamine results in a total breakdown of the insect’s central nervous system. Mammals, birds and fish do not have receptors for Octopamine, so EcoSMART Botanical Oils have no adverse effect on them. The molecular structure of the EcoSMART’s Botanical Oils target and block the Octopamine receptor site in insects.

My thoughts:

EcoSMART sent me the Safe Lawn and Outdoor Bundle which includes the following items:

Weed and Grass Killer (24 oz spray bottle)
Wasp and Hornet Killer (14 oz can)
Lawn Insect Killer (32 oz hose end)
Insect Repellent (6 oz bottle)

So far, I've used the Weed and Grass Killer, the Wasp and Hornet Killer, and the Lawn Insect Killer. I haven't gotten to use the all natural insect repellant yet, but with Football season coming up soon, I'm sure I'll be using that in no time flat!

I've use the Weed and Grass Killer in the driveway and the sidewalk to remove weeds from the cracks (you know how they always creep into those spots!), and one day I came home to find an ant infestation! They were hanging out in the kitchen like they ran the joint! I quickly went outside and sprayed the perimeter of the house with the Lawn Insect Killer, and I haven't seen any ants since! Now, the bees - oh the bees - they're the worst! We have this bush right next to the sidewalk that they love! My daughter is TERRIFIED of bees, so I figured I'd try out the spray. One evening I went out and found the nest and sprayed it up. Luckily I followed the directions (only use in early morning or late evening) or I would have gotten stung! I haven't seen those buggers around since either!

I'm impressed with these products - how well they work and the lack of chemical smell! I hope the Insect Repellant works as well as the rest of the products I tried!

Be sure to check out the EcoSMART blog, where they have an Everyday Giveaway that you can win just by commenting on an article!

Disclaimer: I was sent the products named above to review. The opinions expressed above are solely my own and yours may differ. Receiving a product will NEVER influence what I write in any review.

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

0 comments: to “ Review: EcoSMART Organic Bug Control

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd