This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

My experience with glasses  

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When I was in the seventh grade, I had to go get eyeglasses. I don't remember if it was because of a test the school had done, headaches, or what, but I remember distinctly that my mother made an appointment for me at a local department store that had affordable eyeglasses, but it was not a memorable experience for me.

The prescription glasses that my mother picked out for me (made me pick) were the most hideous glasses that I had ever seen. Anyone that knows me knows that I have a rosy complexion. Why my mother chose rose-tinted glasses with rose frames for me, I'll never understand. In my previous experiences, I knew it was better to say that I liked something she chose for me rather than deal with the disapproving looks and disappointment. For the whole time that I had those glasses, I hated them. The lenses were HUGE! I always felt like everyone was staring at me, and I got the classic "Four Eyes" putdowns that I think every kid who wears glasses gets.

As I've gotten older, the glasses I've chosen have been less conspicuous and flatter my face rather than make me look like a big dork. I prefer smaller lenses, with wire rims, and I think they work well for me and my face shape. I shy away from tinted lenses but recently have gotten the glasses that get darker when you go outside.

Prescription eyeglasses can be hard to find but if you look hard enough and ask your ophthalmologist for their opinion, I'm sure you can find the type of glasses that match your face, just like I have!

Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post but all of the opinions expressed above are my own.


Bookmark and Share
Email this post

0 comments: to “ My experience with glasses

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd