This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Please keep my friend in your prayers  

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Years ago, when I was a teenager, I met these two girls and they became my best friends and family for quite a few years. If you saw one of us, you usually saw all three of us, sometimes just two. I ended up getting romantically involved with their brother, and I had his child.

When I started to change my life around, which involved leaving their brother, who abused me, I had to leave the negative people behind. Unfortunately, these two were part of the group that I ran with that I left behind. Did it change how I felt about them? No. But I had to focus on my children and myself, as well as surrounding myself who were doing positive things.

A couple of weeks ago, I did my usual random checkup with a mutual friend from back then, and he told me that the youngest sister was in the hospital. I contacted her first child's father who is still a friend of mine, and he proceeded to tell me the story that she had been getting headaches a few years back and when she went to the ER, they found a golf-ball sized cyst behind her right eye. That was removed, and if I'm not mistaken, while they were performing that surgery, the doctors discovered that her spinal fluid was going into her head. They installed a shunt into her head, which somehow drained the fluid to her abdomen. I'm not sure on the specifics of that, but that's what I was told. The shunt became infected, and eventually moved into her heart.

After hearing this, I contacted two other mutual friends of ours and told them the sad news, while I was calling the local hospitals to find our friend. I found her, at the University of Maryland hospital. I spoke to her briefly, but she was having a hard time breathing, so I didn't keep her on the phone long. I just told her that we were going to try to come see her and I would call her later and let her know for sure.

We all did go down and see her and it was really hard for us to see our friend looking like that - so helpless. By the time, the infection in her heart was causing fluid to develop around her heart and fill her lungs. She was also fighting a cold so she couldn't properly breathe to get the full effects of the oxygen she was wearing.

Since I went to see her, they performed Open Heart Surgery on her to fix the valve that had been damaged by the infection, as well as draining the fluid (which was then known to be blood) out of her lungs. She didn't do too well, so they put her in a drug-induced coma for a couple of days and they just closed her chest up a couple of days ago.

I found out yesterday her kidneys are operating at 50%. After my experience with my mother passing away, I know that she died not too long after her kidneys failed. I hope this doesn't happen to my friend - she's 2 or 3 years younger than me! - and she has 3 children - the youngest being 3 years old. Her children need her and she can't leave us!

Please pray for my friend, that she'll make it through this. I've been praying almost non-stop, between praying for myself and my children and praying for her.





Bookmark and Share
Email this post


4 comments: to “ Please keep my friend in your prayers

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd