This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

KinderCare Learning Centers Summer Camp  

Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's March, but already, many of us have on our minds how our kids will spend their summers. While weekend trips and play-dates with friends can keep our children occupied for short periods of time, we often struggle to develop fun and engaging activities for younger kids or older children who haven't locked into a yearly tradition of sleep-away or sports camps.

Realizing how much kids crave summer adventures as it enables them to engage in a variety of activities, KinderCare Summer Camp surveyed nearly 3,000 kids to see how they would like to spend their summers. So what exactly did kids want? It turns out they had some strong ideas- they wanted adventures, arts and crafts, and trips- activities which often fall beyond the reach of busy Moms.

KinderCare responded by partnering with teachers to design a nationwide summer camp program to provide kids with new and interesting activities pertaining to their interests. They developed 12 unique week-long day camps with themes including Wild, Wild West, Wilderness 101, Dig Ancient Egypt, You've Got Talent!, Puppeteer Road Show, Gross & Gooey Science, Spectacular Sports, Animal Antics, Science Adventures, Art Expo, Kids' Kitchen, Splish Splash, Surfs Up!, and Everyday Heroes. Whether you have an avid athlete, a budding scientist, or both, they can find something cool within KinderCare's Summer Camps to engage their time. The weeklong timeframe of the camps also gives Moms the flexibility to sign their kids up for as few or many sessions as they'd like.

With approximately 1,700 centers located in 39 states and the District of Columbia, KinderCare Learning Centers, an accredited early childhood provider, offer a range of educational programs and after-school care for infants as young as six weeks old to school-aged children through age 12. Run by specially trained, passionate teachers who fully embrace a balanced approach to learning, KinderCare Learning Centers aim to educate and entertain children within nurturing environment, and encourage strong communication between families and teachers. 

When I was growing up, my mom stayed home and my dad worked. It went on like this until I was in my teens. Therefore, I didn't go to Summer Camp, and I don't recall many of the kids I grew up around going either. It didn't ever cross my mind! I wish I had now, though, because of all of the activities that are offered at Summer Camps, especially KinderCare's!

Now that I'm a single mom of 3, summer camps are an essential part of our lives. Summer camp keeps the kids busy and out of trouble. I was fortunate enough to work on our local Army base, so I was eligible to use their Summer Camp, which went by my income. The best part was that the kids had field trips each week, to places like HersheyPark, Six Flags, and Dutch Wonderland for the smaller kids. They also went swimming twice a week and did various other activities during the week. I've never sent them to a KinderCare Summer Camp, mainly because I can't afford most summer camps on one income, but with the weekly themes and activities, it would be great to be able to send them to one! I'm sure that my son would love the Spectacular Sports Camp, and my daughter would surely love the Art Expo, as well as many more of the programs that KinderCare offers!

Have you ever sent your kids to Summer Camp? Did they like it?

Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of KinderCare and received a gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

0 comments: to “ KinderCare Learning Centers Summer Camp

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd