This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

I am officially homeless  

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

If you had asked me 5 years ago, where I thought I would be in 5 years, you definitely would not have gotten this answer! Due to my recent issues, I have finally decided to give up my house. I obviously can't continue to pay rent there as well as the bills that I have been maintaining even though we aren't staying there, since I am not working.

I've been looking for a job, only on the internet for now. I've applied for Unemployment Insurance; I just hope that the company I worked for doesn't fight it. I contacted Child Support but I forgot they don't have my new phone number so I have to contact them again. I pay Child Support and I receive it so of course I'm going to have to have mine suspended and his raised. I'm sure these both will involve a court date.

I have to get the things out of my house by the end of this weekend. Yup, you read that right. I obviously haven't even begun to pack since there's no electric over there and it's quite difficult to see everywhere in the house, but did you also know that our weather just broke and the TONS of snow that we got back in February finally melted? You can probably still see some mounds, but definitely not like they were before.

Another problem and a reason why I have to move out this weekend? Since the electric's off, the Sub-pump won't kick on, and all of that snow melting added with the rain we've gotten, is currently in my basement. Soaking my stuff.

So for the next few days I'll be securing a storage unit, trying to figure out what needs to come with me and what can go to storage, if I can unload anything to any of my ex-neighbors, etc. I also have to secure manpower and vehicles because I obviously can't afford a moving truck or van.

Luckily there's a local storage unit that the first month is free. I'm sure I can scrape up the money to pay that next month.

I'm trying to be optimistic - it's just hard. I worked so hard to turn my life around and here I am. It's alot to deal with and digest. But I'm making it, and I'm praying all the time.

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

4 comments: to “ I am officially homeless

  • Peggy
    March 17, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

    Angie ,
    You will get through this!!
    Keep your head up and if I can help anyway ,I will.
    If you have a PayPal account ,I know I would like to help,maybe some others will do the same.
    We all need to help give you a hand up
    You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

  • Cassie
    March 17, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

    Oh lady, I am so sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I hope that things get better for you. I believe you are strong enough to be a phoenix and rise from the ashes. This experience will only make you stronger in the long run.

  • TheEclecticElement
    March 18, 2010 at 7:27 PM  

    Oh my god, I am so sorry Angie! I really wish there was something, anything I could do for you and your family :(
    Man I would be right there with you helping you move if we lived closer!
    I fully believe, though, that you will make it through this pot hole in the road of life (like the analogy? Lol) and move onto bigger and better things!!

  • Andrea H
    March 18, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

    You poor thing! I am still praying for you.

    I gave you a special Easter basket:

    Love you girl!

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd