This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

An ode to my mother  

Friday, February 26, 2010

My mother is a poem
I'll never be able to write,
though everything I write
is a poem to my mother.
~Sharon Doubiago



I've been trying to write this post for about a week - trying to figure out what to write, what words to use, what photos to use.

Tomorrow would have been my birth mother's 53rd birthday. She died on April 14, 2007. Even though I was adopted, from the moment I found her, it's like we started up right where we left off back in 1979.

Our bond was unbreakable. I was her firstborn daughter, the one she had to give away, the one she was hoping would find her.

And I did.

And I loved her unconditionally. I still do. I will never stop loving her.

She was the only one I could talk to about ANYTHING and not have backlash or be judged. We were truly honest with each other. I miss her so much.


A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving




Above is a photo of my mom when she was a teenager. I looked so much like her when I was a teen, it's uncanny. Too bad I don't have any photos to share here.

Here's my favorite photo of her:



There's not many photos of her floating around... I have to cherish what I have.

Love you and miss you mom - I'll see you again someday.

In Loving Memory

Carol Susan James 2-27-57 to 4-14-07






Bookmark and Share
Email this post


10 comments: to “ An ode to my mother

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd