This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Simplify My Life Sweepstakes: my entry  

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I found a contest that is essentially what my blog is about!

Let me tell you about the Simplify My Life Sweepstakes , presented by the Mom Bloggers Club.

To win the beauty pictured below, an HP Mini 110 with Windows 7, by Studio Tord Boontje, I'm going to tell you how this gorgeous piece of machinery will help simplify my life.



My blog is named A Simple Kinda Life, based on the song by No Doubt. I love that song and I love the concept. Here's why:

My life is hectic enough - I work full time as a secretary on an Army base, and I'm a single mom with a slim support system. I'm up at 4:30 am to be to work by 6:30 am, because sometimes I'll be behind the slowest driver in Maryland. (I swear!) I get home by 5:30 pm, and when I get home my day is not even close to being done! I have to help my children with homework, cook dinner, do laundry or whatever else needs to be done, then try to get on the computer to blog or talk to my friends on Twitter or Facebook. Sometimes I'm up way past my bedtime, which ideally should be 8 pm. I usually don't get there until 11 pm, and I spend alot of time tired!

If I was to win this gorgeous, portable Mini, my life would change so dramatically! I could take it to work with me and be able to access the sites I can't access on the Army network (blogs mainly!), during my lunch, and be more productive.

I could Tweet and Facebook and play Mafia Wars all in the comfort of my nice warm bed instead of from that stationary desk in my living room.

I could take it to BlogHer 2010, since I'm hoping to go this year! I could take it wherever else I decide to go, and not have to worry about coming home to over 500 emails! I would also be more stylish than normal with this beauty in my bag, or at my side! Plus, look how thin it is:




The best reason that I want to win this netbook is because my main computer died on me two days ago and I can't figure out what's wrong with it! I'M HAVING INTERNET WITHDRAWALS!!! I have to use the internet at work more than usual, and this might turn out badly!

I'm all about the Simple Life and this HP Mini would help me be closer to that goal, by being able to network wherever I want, take online classes, and I might even share with the kiddos!



If you want to try to win one of these computers, there are also 3 being given away to people who comment on the entrants' sweepstake posts! So comment away friends!




Bookmark and Share
Email this post


41 comments: to “ Simplify My Life Sweepstakes: my entry

  • Joyful
    January 7, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

    I wish you luck on winning the HP Mini and on going to BlogHer 2010. I would oh so Love to go to a bloggy event.
    Blessings

  • Annette D
    January 7, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

    I would love to win a HP mini. I could take it with me everywhere since it is so light and portable.
    I am an extremely busy, Mom of two teenage sons and it seems I am always on the go.
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

  • Andrea H
    January 7, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

    Good luck to you! You certainly deserve to win!

  • Deb
    January 7, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

    A mini would definitely simplify my life because I wouldn’t have to lug around that big heavy laptop anymore!! And it would fit inside my handbag instead of being so conspicuous in a carry around laptop bag. And besides, you don’t always want to carry your laptop with you but leaving it in the car is a direct invitation to thieves to break in and steal it. Being able to carry it in my purse is a major advantage! Great giveaway!

  • TheEclecticElement
    January 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

    This is a beautiful post!! I really, really hope you win :)
    Sending lots of good luck juju your way!!

  • deanna
    January 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

    An HP Mini 110 would simplify my life by allowing me to keep up with all of my computer activities (blogging, emailing, entering contests, social networking, surfing the Internet, etc.) when I'm not able to be on my laptop (which just so happens to be an HP) for whatever reason. With 4 kids, the reason I'm not able to be on my laptop could be anything! :O

  • karenmed409
    January 7, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

    I know a HP Mini would Simplify My Life, while I am at home or on the go. I can quickly get to my photos and files, take notes, send a letter off to friends, teachers and family, able to work on my scrapbooks while sitting and waiting for the kids at band or dance practice,very lightweight to take with me on the go. I can easily use my calendar and look at our busy schedules. At night I can work on my blog, that really needs to be updated without waking anyone up, I can enjoy a little quiet Mommy Time.
    karenmed409 at comcast dot net

  • Debbie
    January 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

    I would love to have this. With 6 of us in this house, having a little netbook of my own would give me the access I need and decrease the frustrations in this house.

  • Thrifty and Chic Mom
    January 7, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

    I hope you win and I hope I win too:) I could use this so DH and I don't have to fight over our one laptop. On another note you truly are superwoman!

  • Katie
    January 7, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

    Wow that sounds almost soooo small. I've never had the latest gadgets but I'd be heaven to have this new toy to play with. I hope you win:)

  • Lois S
    January 7, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

    L I would like to have a small computer like this to be able to take anywhere for everyday tasks.

  • Carlo
    January 8, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

    Sorry to hear about your internet withdrawals. Something this small would be really convenient for me since I need a computer for work and it is light enough to take on the bus which I use to commute every day. I could check e-mails & bills on my commute. My old laptop was actually stolen recently so I would love a new one! Good luck!

  • Annabelle
    January 8, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

    Oh wow, how neat! A mini would definitely simplify life! You could take it wherever you need to go! I would be able to take it with me to my meetings and type notes instead of writing them and then typing...I type faster than I write anyway. And then it would be simple to email those notes out to whomever needed them!

  • Desiree @ Writing to Sanity
    January 8, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

    Good luck, Angie!

  • Twincere
    January 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

    Good Luck to you! I entered, too!
    This HP Mini is so fabulously and functionally and portable.

    Good Luck!
    Twincere(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Jill and Rick
    January 8, 2010 at 11:45 PM  

    What a great opportunity to actually WIN a gorgeous HP mini! I saw my first netbook (online, of course!) almost a year ago and I've been wanting one for our own travels ever since. Good luck all!

    Jill G

    rgerman@mchsi.com

  • Lydia A.
    January 9, 2010 at 6:35 AM  

    I do a lot of traveling and use a friend's extra laptop while I'm on the road. It would be great if I didn't have to use his and didn't have to carry such a big thing through airport security!

  • Tanyetta
    January 10, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

    I would LOVE to win the HP mini to organize and simplify my crazy and hectic life. I am hoping for a chance to win.

  • CherylS22
    January 10, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

    I'd love to have a mini netbook - it would make traveling a whole lot easier & would be much more convenient to carry around than a full-size laptop. Thanks for the opportunity & good luck to you!

    megalon22 at yahoo dot com

  • VickieB
    January 11, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

    Good luck

    This would be perfect for on-the-go computing. I would also be able to easily take it around the house and out to the back yard.

  • Heather
    January 12, 2010 at 12:45 AM  

    Good luck to you!!

  • nicole
    January 12, 2010 at 4:47 AM  

    computer withdrawal is UGLY

    been there, got that t-shirt

    why I wish I could win one too!

  • ModernMom
    January 16, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

    I entered too..oh how I would love to own a sweet sweet mini! TO be able to have a mini to call my very own. No more fighing for computer time!
    Good luck to both of us:)
    modernmom at rocketmail dot com

  • Keonte' S
    January 16, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

    In life, we are always taught that bigger is better. Well, that does not hold true for all aspects of my life. I am a mother. With this comes tons of responsibility. With all the chaos in the morning (getting son ready for school, me work), I’m lucky if I leave the house with a matching pair of shoes. I like order, planning, and to be on-top-of-it type of gadgets. If I win the HP 110 mini notebook, I may be able to gain some time – one that was lost in all the madness we call life – because I will be organized again. I can check my mail,respond, make appointments, create schedules, and socialize again. Besides, who wants to tote a laptop around the size and weight of a newborn baby? Heck, I mine as well get a sling for it (just kidding). The HP 110 mini notebook proves that big things can come in small packages

  • Thao
    January 18, 2010 at 1:31 AM  

    I was looking at the HP mini Tord and Windows 7 and love all the features of both. The laptop is beautiful and Windows 7 features would really simplify my life. I love that it has a large HD and it has quick access features to find the files I need. And there is fast web surfing.

    Good luck!

    member(dot)thao(at)gmail.com

  • Madonna
    January 18, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

    good luck to both of us

  • Deane
    January 19, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

    I would love to win this mini. It would definitley help organize and simplify my life.
    deanenpr at yahoo.com

  • Crystal P
    January 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

    I would love to win the hp mini!
    I could use the mobility and it would be nice to hear quiet happy people in the house instead of computer squabbles.

    Good luck to us both :-)

  • millaa
    January 19, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

    Another one of my blogging buddies! Good luck Angie!! :)

  • Sams842
    January 20, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

    I would love an HP mini! It would definitely simplify my life!

    Good Luck!

  • Lily
    January 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

    an HP Mini 110 would simplify my life in ways that I can not even spell, lol

    good luck to you and me ;)

    militaryfamof8@yahoo.com

  • midwest mama
    January 20, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

    Good luck everybody:-)

  • Vanessa
    January 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

    Good luck!

  • Nicole
    January 20, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

    I'm still trying to compose my last-minute entry for the contest. Maybe if I just leave comments on all the current entries, I'll have a better chance of winning! :)

  • Sky
    January 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

    The HP Mini is a dream of mine. I'm an HP girl. Printer, desktop...I love my HP's. I have an older laptop...not HP...and it died over the weekend. I only use it when we are out of town, talk about dying! I had homework due, I couldn't blog, I couldn't even Facebook.

    Since we go to Omaha quit frequently, the HP mini would simplify my life and give me a calm...because when I'm not near a computer I get all anxious and jittery. I need it, love it, gotta have it!

  • Over Thirty Mommy
    January 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

    Man my life could use some simplifying! I would love to be able to write my blog posts on the go or during lunch breaks. Now if the HP Mini 110 could help me get my daughter to sleep through the night, I would be in LOVE (even more!)

  • Anne J
    January 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

    This would be great! I'd love to be able to work on the go, like while I'm waiting for the kids to finish piano or dance lessons.

    ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

  • Sherri @ Luv a Bargain
    January 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

    I would love to win the HP Mini. I think it would extremely help simplify my life too.

  • Heather McDougle
    January 20, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

    I would love to win this. It simplify my life so much being the mom of 2 under 2 with lots of goals and dreams! Good luck!

  • tina reynolds
    January 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

    a hp mini would be an awesome pc to have thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com I love the size

  • Nelsby
    January 20, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

    I am in the process of trying to start my own business and I currently work from home...but I rarely stay in one place with my laptop. As I suffer from degenerative disc disease in my cervical spine - coupled with a heavy laptop - changing my "workspace" throughout the day is NOT an easy task.

    The HP Mini would simplify my life by allowing me to move my computer from place to place on my own...no more bothering the rest of the family! This netbook would be a true lifesaver!

    Thanks so much!
    Aimee
    sierranelsby (at) gmail (dot) com

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd