This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

52 to Fabulous - week 1: What a girl wants  

Monday, January 4, 2010

My friend Andrea from Moody Mama Says told me about this really cool "project" thing going on in the blogosphere. It's called 52 to Fabulous and you should definitely check it out!

This is the first week for 52 to Fabulous, and the topic this week is "What a girl wants".

What do I want to do this year?

I want to become more financially stable. I'm a single mom and although I've increase my income since 2001 about 400% (literally!) I don't get much outside support and Maryland is a very expensive place to live. It's up to me to provide my children's clothing, food, utilities, housing, medical costs, as well as incidentals - not to mention activities. I'd love to stop renting and have money in the bank. Because I'm a single mom handling all I covered above, I have no money saved up and if (God forbid) something was to happen, I wouldn't have any money to take care of it.

I want to get healthier. This involves losing some weight as well as cutting down smoking, with a final goal of quitting. Both of these goals take time and perseverance as well as support, but I know that I can do it.

I want more positive, lasting relationships in my life. I've had tons of friends in my lifetime, and for whatever reason, we've grown apart; but I honestly cannot say I have an "In Real Life" Best Friend. It's sad to say, but there's not one person that I could 100% of the time count on to be there, and that's sad.

I'm looking forward to Week 2! Are you in?

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

10 comments: to “ 52 to Fabulous - week 1: What a girl wants

  • ~*~ Melissa ~*~
    January 4, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

    This sounds fun and I'm totally gonna check it out! Maybe I'll join in.

    I feel so bad that you have to go through everything that comes with adulthood and parenting alone. I do give you huge props for doing it though, because a lesser person couldn't. That's shows a lot on your end.

    As far as the BFF goes, I have had a bunch, and you know what, they all betrayed me in some way and aren't in my life. I have some good friends, great friends.. but no one since childhood that I'm like sister's with.

  • Andrea H
    January 4, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

    First of all you know I love you right? I could just hug you because since I was raised by a single mom I know just how tough it is!

    If we lived closer I would love to be your "in real life" bff. But we don't so I'll settle for being one online!

    I wish you ALL the best the year and I know you WILL get what you want!

  • Erin Jeany
    January 4, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

    Financial. Yeah. I NEED to obviously figure something out for that goal too.

    Healthier. I NEED to do that too. EXERCISE! lol Maybe we can support each other. As for smoking, I quit smoking after 12 years while I was preg with Elijah and {besides the cig I sneak when I am uber stressed} I have been able to STAY quit. I will cheer for you too!

    And as for positive lasting relationship. I totally feel you. I am a bad friend because I hate to talk on the phone and shit. lol But I would love to work on you and I being better friends. I am awesome. lol j/k and trustworthy and {oddly} pretty straight edge these days so I would be a good positive influence. I need a friend that I can count on too and never seem to find one.

    ((hugs)) I hope you achieve all your goals! :) I am going to check out this 52 thang and convince myself I need to do another weekly thing on lol xoxox

  • TheEclecticElement
    January 5, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

    Those are some very great goals-I wish you nothing but luck! I know you can do it :)
    If you can be a single mum, you can do anything!

  • Mandy
    January 5, 2010 at 2:26 AM  

    I can completely relate to you. I'm a single Mom of two small children and I have to take care of everything myself. I also have never had a true best friend in life. I feel for ya sista! Take care, hang in there and good luck with your goals :)

  • Desiree @ Writing to Sanity
    January 6, 2010 at 3:22 AM  

    You talked about living in MD as a single mom. I'm a 30-yr-old single mom living in NJ -- I have never been quite so shocked at the price of HOUSING than when I moved here from CO. Are you originally from MD?


    Admirable list. :)

  • Linda S
    January 6, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

    I love your honesty! And I can definitely relate to many of the challenges. I too am a single mom although mine are teens.

    I look forward to taking this journey with you!

  • Brandy
    January 6, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

    Good list! I am doing this too, we can do it!!! Hugs, Brandy

  • Erin Jeany
    January 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

    So I checked it out and saw that it was created by @linda_sellers. Yeah that is all I need to participate! lol So I wrote a post too xoxox

  • Joyful
    January 6, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

    I also have a goal of eating healthier.
    I like the way you put your goal of cutting down smoking, then eventually stop. I don't smoke, but I can imagine it's hard to quit cold-turkey. Just like anything else.
    Way to go!!

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd