This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

My top three Green-Living tips  

Sunday, November 22, 2009

We're still working on becoming a greener family. This includes recycling everything, taking reusable bags to the stores we shop at, and conserving energy.

My top 3 tips for Green-Living are as follows:

1. Recycle as much as possible.

We currently recycle aluminum cans at the local metal recycling center, and plastics we take out to the corner of our street for the County to pick up. You wouldn't believe how much of a difference recycling makes to the environment, but it really does!

2. Use reusable bags.

Those plastic bags that you get at the store are bad news for everyone. They end up in trees, littered everywhere, and even end up in our oceans. I've been using my Joey Totes and other canvas bags that I've rounded up to use to carry groceries, items from the drugstore, and more. They're economical and easy to use! Leave some in your trunk so you won't forget them! I'm lucky that my Joey Totes fold up really small and I'm able to carry them in my purse so that I have them wherever I go!

3. Reduce your electricity consumption.

In my house, all of our heating and cooking is electric. This drains my pocket as well as resources. To combat this, I've put plastic on my windows to keep some of the cold air out and the heat in. I also turn off surge protectors when the items attached to them are not in use.

These changes may seem small to you, but to us, they're making a world of difference. It's also making a difference in our world, one that we can't see right now, but hopefully we will see in the years to come.

Learn more tips for green-living at Lighter. Safer. Greener.

This is a contest shared at TwitterMoms - to read more and enter, please see this post.

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

0 comments: to “ My top three Green-Living tips

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd