Monday, November 2, 2009
On behalf of Momfluence, I'm sharing this important information with you:
From the Children’s Defense (www.childrensdefense.org) website:
Join Us In Standing Together for Children: Congress is debating health reform legislation that could leave millions of children worse rather than better off and fails to fix bureaucratic, unfair barriers to care. This must be changed now!
What We Are Demanding: Congress and the President must support changes that provide comprehensive, affordable, accessible care for all children no matter where they live. Changes must build on what works in the system and fix what doesn’t work for children now.
Actions You Can Take: Join children, parents, grandparents and champions for children in a "stroll" to the Nation's Capitol on November 4 or join stroller brigades in cities across the country November 5 through 8 to ensure that our children are not left behind in health care reform. Can't join a stroller brigade in-person? You can also participate in our Virtual Stroller Brigade!
Important Dates and Links:
- November 4th: The Stroller Brigade campaign kicks off in the DC and readers in the DC area can sign up here - http://www.childrensdefense.org/helping-americas-children/childrens-health/health-coverage-for-all-children-campaign/stroller-brigade/join-stroller-brigade/washington-dc.html
- November 5th through 8th: The Stroller Brigade will travel around the country. Readers can find a location near them here - http://www.childrensdefense.org/helping-americas-children/childrens-health/health-coverage-for-all-children-campaign/stroller-brigade/join-stroller-brigade.html
- Readers can create a Stroller Brigade in their own neighborhood here: http://www.childrensdefense.org/helping-americas-children/childrens-health/health-coverage-for-all-children-campaign/stroller-brigade/create-your-own-stroller-brigade.html
- Readers who do not want to join a Stroller Brigade can help by contacting their member of Congress, spreading the word about the campaign, and sharing their own story: http://www.childrensdefense.org/helping-americas-children/childrens-health/health-coverage-for-all-children-campaign/stroller-brigade/take-action.html
- Fact sheets and more: http://www.childrensdefense.org/helping-americas-children/childrens-health/health-coverage-for-all-children-campaign/stroller-brigade/toolkit.html
- The Stroller Brigade in the news: http://www.childrensdefense.org/helping-americas-children/childrens-health/health-coverage-for-all-children-campaign/stroller-brigade/news.html
There is also a Twitter Blogger Press Conference Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. EST w/ the hashtag #strollerbrigade and we’d love to see you all there! We will be chatting with a director from the Children’s Defense fund. RSVP and learn more here.