This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Review: Your Songs by Harry Connick Jr.  

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I've mentioned it before but in case you don't remember, I'm a R&B, hip hop-loving mama! You can add in some good old rock n roll if you want - I may or may not listen to it.

But, I'm trying to expand my horizons and branch out. You know, listen to music "more geared toward my age". HAH! Who am I kidding?! Seriously though... I truly believe that all music is wonderful and can be powerful. Therefore, I am trying to branch out and discover more artists. I do enjoy lots of hip hop and R&B. But I also like Taylor Swift, Gwen Stefani, and most recently, Paramore. Most types of music, I can find something I enjoy about it!

One2One Network helps me learn about different types of music, and recently, they gave me the opportunity to review the new Harry Connick Jr. CD - Your Songs, which is a selection of songs beautifully redone by Harry Connick Jr.'s sexy behind.

Your Songs Track Listing:

All The Way (originally performed by Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (originally performed by Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (originally performed by Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (originally performed by The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (originally performed by The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (originally performed by Roberta Flack)
Your Song (originally performed by Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (originally performed by Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (originally performed by Tony Bennett)
Smile (originally performed by Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (originally performed by Nat King Cole)



My thoughts:

I've listened to this CD quite alot since receiving it - it's a great CD to sit back and unwind to, or just listen to while you're driving! I really like the whole CD, but my favorite songs on the album are Just the Way You Are (it reminds me of growing up and my mom listening to Billy Joel!) and Can't Help Falling in Love With You! I truly enjoyed this CD and I'm sure I will enjoy it many more times!

Check out the 'Making of' video for this album and become a fan of Harry Connick Jr.'s Facebook page.

Did you know?

As a New Orleans native, Harry Connick, Jr. is deeply attuned to the devastation caused by Katrina along the Gulf Coast. Connick teamed up with Branford Marsalis and the New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity to create Musicians’ Village, a community in the Upper Ninth Ward. I commend anyone for taking part in something they care about, and it makes me want to support their livelihood moreso when they do help out in situations like this!


Thanks to One2One Network for providing me with a copy of this CD and for this review opportunity!




Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Review: Your Songs by Harry Connick Jr.

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd