This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Review: Hate List by Jennifer Brown  

Monday, October 19, 2009

I was recently given an opportunity to have my son review a book, and I chose Hate List by Jennifer Brown as the book I'd like him to review. Why? Because alot of times, young adults make choices without fully realizing the consequences of their actions, and this is one of those books that teaches a lesson.

We are readers in our house; I started my kids out reading from babies. I love to read and so do they, so anytime we're given the opportunity to review a book, I tend to jump at it! We love all types of books, from fiction to non-fiction.

I wanted a book that would keep him interested (he does love to read but who wants to read a book with no storyline, or one that is all over the place?) as well as teach him something. I hope that this book accomplished that mission.

About Hate List:

Five months ago, Valerie Leftman's boyfriend, Nick, opened fire on their school cafeteria. Shot trying to stop him, Valerie inadvertently saved the life of a classmate, but was implicated in the shootings because of the list she helped create. A list of people and things she and Nick hated. The list he used to pick his targets.

Now, after a summer of seclusion, Val is forced to confront her guilt as she returns to school to complete her senior year. Haunted by the memory of the boyfriend she still loves and navigating rocky relationships with her family, former friends and the girl whose life she saved, Val must come to grips with the tragedy that took place and her role in it, in order to make amends and move on with her life.


I had my son tell me 5 descriptive words about this book and he said the book was: good, engaging, interesting, informative, and full of suspense. He said he thoroughly enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down!

You can currently buy Hate List at Amazon.com and at BN.com.

Thanks to The Classy Closet and Little Brown Books for this review opportunity!



Bookmark and Share
Email this post


1 comments: to “ Review: Hate List by Jennifer Brown

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd