Friday, October 30, 2009
They say all things must come to an end. Is it true? Right now, I disagree, as this is my latest installment of a review regarding music from One2One Network. Regardless, the show must go on...
Five For Fighting is BACK! Slice by Five For Fighting was released on October 13th, 2009.
Don't know who Five For Fighting is? Here's some info for ya:
Singer/songwriter John Ondrasik has spent the past decade writing deeply personal songs that include social messages, invoke the human spirit and make an emotional connection. This can be heard on the past five albums by Five For Fighting, the band name under which he records and performs.
Five For Fighting’s breakthrough came in 2001 with the Grammy Nominated song “Superman”, from the Platinum certified “America Town”. The song was climbing the charts upon release, and when 9/11 happened, it became a song of healing for the nation. FFF performed the song at the post 9/11 fundraiser The Concert for New York which paid tribute to all the firefighters, police officers & paramedics affected by the events of 9/11.
On the 2004 release, “The Battle For Everything”, the song “100 Years” followed in the footsteps of “Superman” as yet another inspiring reflective song. Refresh your memory here with FFF videos or by launching this FFF widget.
John is happily married and the father of two children whom he dotes on. His oldest actually made a debut in one of his videos as a newborn! (His other baby, his retro Ford Mustang, has made appearances in more than one album package and video.) He and his family resides in Los Angeles, CA.
Did You Know?
* In Feb 2007 John launched a charity driven website – whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com that raises money for various charities when users view video clips provided by visitors to the site. Current views are over 3 million with approx. $300,000 donated!
* John is a dedicated supporter of US Troops, performing for US Forces at Guantanamo Bay, Hawaii, Guam & Japan on USO tours
* John created & produced “For the Troops”, a CD compilation of superstar recordings that is available for free to every active service person in US Armed Forces
* Along with numerous television licenses, John’s composed songs for “August Rush”, “The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants”, “We Were Soldiers”, “Chicken Little” & “Everyone’s Hero"
* John loves sports and writing (and not just great songs)! He penned a regular hockey column for SportsIllustrated.com from 2005-2007, and freelances for various publications.
2. Note To The Unknown Soldier
5. This Dance
6. Above The Timberline
9. Story Of Your Life
10. Love Can't Change The Weather
11. Augie Nieto
John will be hitting the road in October with An Acoustic Evening with Five For Fighting. The songs are great on record, even better live! Definitely a show worth seeing! To find out about how to get tickets in a market near you, go to his site.
18-Oct Toronto, ON El Mocambo
20-Oct New York, NY City Winery
22-Oct Bay Shore, NY (Long Island) YMCA Boulton Center
23-Oct Uncasville, CT The Wolf Den
24-Oct Washington, DC Jammin Java
26-Oct Boston, MA The Paradise
27-Oct Philadelphia, PA World Café Live (downstairs)
29-Oct Nashville, TN The Belcourt
30-Oct Chicago, IL Lakeshore 3-Nov Salt Lake City, UT The State Room
5-Nov Seattle, WA Crocodile
6-Nov Portland, OR Aladdin Theater
10-Nov San Francisco, CA Swedish American Hall
11-Nov Los Angeles, CA Largo at the Coronet
Five For Fighting's website
Follow John on Twitter
Videos from Five For Fighting
Five For Fighting's Facebook Page
Buy Slice at Amazon.com
Yet another great CD provided by One2One Network! I remember hearing Five For Fighting back in 2001, and I remember "Superman" being played on the radio ALOT at that time. I liked Five For Fighting back then, and I like FFF even more now! What can I say? I know good music! (Have you ever SEEN my music collection?!)
One of you will win an autographed copy of this CD!
How do you win?
Leave a comment.
Yup - that's it...
You can gain an extra entry by Tweeting about this giveaway and leaving me a link.