This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

October Oral Care Challenge  

Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween is right around the corner, and we all know that the amount of candy that our children is going to consume can (and will) do a number on their teeth. We used to take pillowcases when we were younger trick-or-treating, and my kids do too. And you know that a pillowcase is HUGE!

Did you know that the U.S Department of Health and Human Services states that 50 percent of kids between the ages of 5 and 9 get a cavity or filling? Me either! That's why Listerine and Reach created the "October Oral Care Challenge" for kids 6 and older. Mom Central asked me to participate in this challenge. All we had to do is brush, floss and rinse every day, twice a day for two weeks—which is exactly what you need to do to maintain a healthy mouth. It is essential to get the kids brushing and flossing regularly. Throw in some Listerine, and you'll be good to do!

I've always stressed oral care but it's been hard since I'm always out the door before the children are awake, and as a result, my daughter doesn't always remember to brush her teeth (even though I remind her daily!) So when I was contacted about participating in this blog tour, I wanted to be involved!

I received a box full of stuff! Some Agent Cool Blue pre-brushing rinse (which colors the kids' teeth so they see what's actually on their teeth!), some toothbrushes, some Listerine, as well as floss. In the box was also a calendar that I used to keep track of the above activities with stickers and reward the kids accordingly!

My son has always taken good care of his teeth, so he was no problem with this challenge. My daughter, on the other hand, was for the first couple of days, but I just kept reminding her (as well as doing it myself, like always!) that if she did what she was supposed to do, she'd get stickers, and at the end of the challenge I'd get her something she really wanted. (She got a Build A Bear, by the way!) Hopefully now she'll keep doing what she was doing during the challenge, and won't have any more problems with her teeth!

This is a great program and I'm thankful for the opportunity to spread the word about it!

While you're here, ListerineKids.com is offering a $1 off coupon (only this month - so hurry!)


I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Listerine and Reach and received Listerine and Reach products for the Oral Care Challenge and a gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.




Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ October Oral Care Challenge

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd