This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

October is here  

Friday, October 2, 2009

...and I'm not so happy about it! I am a summer baby, born in July, and I love warm weather! I don't like it HOT, but I like it warm, and definitely not cold! Snow?! Forget about it! I want no parts of it! So, as I sit here wishing that time would slow down, life goes on.

It's pretty quiet here on my blog as of late, as I'm sure you've noticed. We're STILL busy with football with practice 3 times a week, and a game either on Friday or Saturday. Tomorrow is our 5th game and I'm hoping we win! Unfortunately, we've lost all of our games, but I hope that that changes tomorrow! The only two touchdowns were scored by my son, though, so of course we're happy about that! (My son plays Running Back, is on the kickoff team, and also plays on Defense as the Backup Linebacker. So he's pretty much in the game all the time!) I'm extremely proud of him and I hope that he keeps perfecting his skills so that he can accomplish his dream, which is to be an NFL football player. He's 13 now, and is currently 5'8" (same size as me!!!) and weighs 150 lbs. He is a big boy but he always has been! He was 9 lbs. even when he was born!

I also have a birthday party for a coworker to go to tomorrow. The party actually starts at 5 but since we have to be at the field at least an hour and a half before the game, we have to be there at 6:30, with the game starting at 8. I expect it to be over around 10, and then depending on how tired I (we) are afterwards, I'll decide then if we'll go to the party. My coworker's birthday was today and 3 of us went to lunch at a local Argentine chicken place (which is awesome!) and that was pretty nice, but I'd love to go to the party and have a few Yager-bombs! (I've been known to have a few drinks a couple of times a year!)

Tomorrow I plan on getting up semi-early (although I do love to sleep in!) and get some household duties taken care of. I'm having an electrical issue and last week I had to move my living room furniture around to lessen the load on certain circuits that keep shorting out. I'm actually looking for another place right now, because there's been a leak in my roof, coming into my bedroom window (it's indented about a foot from my wall) that my landlord hasn't fixed since April when I told her about it. I also called her about this electric issue and have yet to hear back from her about it. So, rather than continuing to pay an outrageous electric bill ($300+ a month) because my windows are so old (they're still the old metal, sliding kind) and my heat is electric, I'm just going to move. We're also still having issues in regards to what I briefly mentioned here back in July, and I'm tired of living here and having my children deal with constant problems.

On Sunday there's an Open House for a house for rent that I'm going to try to check out. The house is an older farm-type house, the former home of Mary Risteau, the first woman elected to the House of Delegates. The house was built in the 1700s and is gorgeous! It has 28 acres, 2100 sq. ft. My only concerns are who is responsible for cutting the grass, since I obviously don't own a tractor, and the electrical system as well as insulation. (I don't want to be stuck in the same situation as I am now!) The house was dropped from $1650 to $1250 and has 4 bedrooms. It's really time to move! I've lived in my current residence for about 6 years and I'm ready!

As you may or may not know, I am a government contractor. Well, September 30th is the end of the fiscal year for the government, so it's been busy at work. Our contract also ended on that date, but luckily it was extended until the end of March next year. Not sure what will happen then, but since I'm the secretary, I'll know before most others, so I'll hopefully have enough time to start looking for another job, if necessary. I'm also in the union, and they negotiated a contract for us starting October 1st that allows us all to have a 10% raise. This is in addition to the regularly scheduled raise, so I'm pretty excited about that! I'm hoping to trade in my car by the end of this month. It's starting to overheat if I idle too long. It's a 1997 Hyundai Elantra, and I've had it for a little over 3 years, and it's served it's purpose with me. There's a few minor repairs that I need to have taken care of, then I'm trading it in. If I can, I'd like to get a Nissan Altima, a newer model. I've always loved those!

I have some reviews and giveaways that I will be posting within the next couple of days, and I am debating on having a Christmas Extravaganza, but with working and the kids, I'm not sure if it will work out, but I'm still thinking about it! I also plan on baking a TON starting the end of November, so that will take up some of my time for the holidays! I'll keep you updated on the Christmas Extravaganza!

As far as football, I love it, but the end is near. Our last game is on Halloween. (YES! Halloween!) So I have to see if my daughter can go trick-or-treating with someone else, just so she'll get candy. I wish I had a bigger house because I'd have a Halloween party for the kids and their friends! My parents did that in our house back in West Virginia, in the attic, and it was soo fun! Recently, my friends and I were talking about that on Facebook. I'll never forget that!

I also won tickets for Six Flags America here in Largo, Maryland, from, and I have to use them SOON! It's hard to plan it with football games being rearranged but I'm hoping to take the kids down there within the next couple of weeks. Fright Fest is coming up, and none of us have been to that, so that would be great!

On October 16th, a good friend of mine is having back surgery. It's a risky surgery and I'm a little worried for him. Please lift him up in prayer. His girlfriend, one of my BFFs, had a rollup door fall on her head (luckily it didn't kill her!!!) and she's been having problems with her neck obviously, so they're both kind of bad off right now. She's in a neck brace, so they asked me to drive them down there the morning of the surgery, and take her home, since she can't drive with the brace. I'm happy to help them out as they've fed us at their home so many times in the past couple of years, it's a small thing I can do to give back to them. I requested off of work for that day, so I could be there for them and make sure he is okay before I take him home. I'm actually kind of hoping to get the house I mentioned above so they can move in with us and I can help them, and vice versa, if necessary, because not only is she out of work because of this injury and on Worker's Compensation, but she's laid off from her job as of today. He, obviously, can't work due to his back pain. I love them both so much and hope that they'll be okay.

As always, thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, entering my giveaways, and being my friends! Hope all is well with you and yours!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

0 comments: to “ October is here

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd