This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Combined Review: MythBusters Weird World of Water Science Exploration Kit and Magnificent Manicure Kit  

Monday, October 26, 2009

*This is a combined review being conducted on behalf of Team Mom.

Elmer's has created two all-new science kits that we got to try out. I know what you're saying: "Elmers?!" That's exactly what I thought! But, letting my son try out the Mythbusters Weird World of Water kit and letting my daughter try out the Magnificent Manicure Kit would be tons of fun for all of us!



About MythBusters Weird World of Water kit:

Discover the mysteries of water; It freezes and boils and turns into gas. Is there anything it can't do? Can it suck a ship down the drain? Will you find hot water at the North Pole? Can water blast a rocket into space?

This kit is a trial-and-error hands-on kit, which was made popular by the Discovery Channel's top show. It includes most of the items you need to perform your experiments except for common household items like baking soda, tap water, and vinegar.

Did you know?

This kit was recently awarded the FamilyFun Magazine 2009 T.O.Y. award!

My son loves science (even though he swore he didn't when it came time to try out this kit! He's constantly refreshing my memory with facts that I've forgotten! We tried out the whirlpool (which was loads of fun!) and will be trying out launching our own rocket soon!

The directions were easy and clear, so much so that my 10 year old daughter (whom has ADHD) was able to follow along and help out!

This is a great kit for teaching your kids about science, and in this case, the power of water. I personally enjoyed seeing the delight in their eyes when we created our own whirlpool!

The Weird World of Water Kit is available nationwide at Toys "R" US, Target.com, and Walmart.com.

****************************************************************



About "Scientific Explorer" Magnificent Manicure Kit:


Scientific Explorer partnered with UC Berkeley's Great Exploration in Math and Science (GEMS) program to create fun educational science kits like this one.

Did you know?

The Magnificent Manicure Kit just received the Creative Child Magazine's 2009 Toy of the Year Award in the Educational Toys Category

My daughter is somewhat-tomboy, somewhat girlie-girl, but I'm trying to get her to be more of a girlie-girl! The Magnificent Manicure Kit was definitely a way to do that! She's very independent so I let her read the directions and make the lotion and crystal mud on her own. It turned out very nicely and smelled great! I was a little apprehensive about letting her do a manicure on me, as I had just had acrylic nails put on a week before trying out this manicure kit, but to be honest, I had no problems at all! My skin felt soft afterwards, and smelled great! Now, anytime I want to get a manicure, all I have to do is ask my daughter!

This kit is available now at Toys "R" Us and www.toyrsrus.com

Thanks Team Mom, for providing us with these educational products for review! They were fun, educational, and we all learned something!

I was sent both of these kits by Team Mom for review purposes. Receiving a product for free will NEVER influence any review I post here on my blog. My opinions are mine and your results may vary.



Bookmark and Share
Email this post


1 comments: to “ Combined Review: MythBusters Weird World of Water Science Exploration Kit and Magnificent Manicure Kit

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd