This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Pet peeves  

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Most of you who read my blog - might (or might not) like me in real life.

Know why?

Here's why: after years of being demure and timid, and it getting me thrown into various situations of being used and/or abused, now I speak my mind and usually don't take any shit.

Which means that some would call me a bitch. (And some have.)

Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, probably have already figured that out. I've had times where someone pissed me off, and I deleted them from my friends' list - QUICK!, I've also posted various rants as my status - like the one today that reads "I'm a grown woman, on my grown woman business - don't come at me with dumb stuff. Seriously..." all because someone made me mad on there.

(I can't help but laugh.)

Here, this is technically my "business" so I might not let my everyday personality through every now and then (like I've decided to do tonight); most of the time, all you'll get is the "Professional" me, who's eloquent, checks spelling and grammar, and keeps the "crazy" part at bay.

Earlier tonight I decided to share with you my pet peeves. Feel free to jump in here, in the comments, and share yours - because, truth be told, we all have them.

1 - Liars - that's my #1 pet peeve EVER!

2 - People who comment on unrelated postings trashing my Pittsburgh Steelers - that's the reason for my Facebook status.

3 - Misspelling - OMG that bothers me sooo much!

4 - Bad grammar - ranks right up there with Misspells!

5 - When my kids JUST.DON'T.GET that I know when they touch and/or move something of mine. I'm almost anal that I know in exactly what position my items are in, at all times!

6 - Friends and/or family members who regularly don't check in to see how YOU are - I've gotten to the point in the last few years that if they don't have time for me, I don't have time for them.

7 - People who push their opinions on others. For example: I live in Maryland. I constantly hear about how "bad the Pittsburgh Steelers suck". Hey, if you feel that way, cool! Fine! Because, in all honesty, I hate the Baltimore Ravens more than I've ever hated any team. Why? Because I'm from the Pittsburgh area and grew up watching the Steelers. (That means I'm loyal. I've lived in Maryland for about 17 years but Pittsburgh will always be HOME!) So... if you hate the Steelers, keep that shit over there, mmmkkk?!

8 - Selfish people - this can be grouped up there with #6 .

9 - People who pretend their life (or they, themselves!) are better than me. (or you, whomever, it doesn't matter!)

10 - Men who can't take care of their children. I just don't get it.

11 - TYPING IN ALL CAPS ON THE INTERNET OR IN AN EMAIL - yes, it's called "yelling" - learn some netiquette! Quoted from RFC 1855: Use mixed case. UPPER CASE LOOKS AS IF YOU'RE SHOUTING.

(I tried to keep this list as an even number but I almost forgot about the Caps Lock people!)

Feel free to jump right in, anytime...

Yeah... I'm still here, waiting for you to jump in with your Pet Peeves!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

7 comments: to “ Pet peeves

  • Dwalline
    September 3, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

    I agree with you about the NFL team bashing. I live in Rochester NY and most people do not understand why I am a Bills fan and go to all the home games, including pre-season. Everyone loves to remind me how terrible they are. They don't seem to understand that Im a LOYAL fan, through good times and bad. And besides, why wouldn't I go to Pre-Season games when they are included in the season ticket price. I don't mind a friendly discussion over different teams but sometimes they push their opinions so hard the easiest thing for me to do is walk away and keep my mouth shut.

  • Shelly
    September 3, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

    lol I have a list of pet peeves that's probably too long. But one of my major pet peeves is stupid drivers who cut you off and change lanes about 5 times and still don't get more than 1 car past you. I hate traffic in MD! I have to drive 30-40 minutes (with an accident it takes me an hour or more) one way to get my son to school in the morning. Ugh.

    Btw, I'm a Patriots Fan. :) I grew up in New England so I remain loyal. I could care less about football though. I just like to have something in conversation to say when the topic comes up. lol

  • Anonymous
    September 4, 2009 at 1:33 AM  

    Sometimes bad grammar can't be helped. I help my roommate a lot... since her stroke, her mind skips over many words.

    On the other hand, my use of bad grammar is simple laziness.

  • Elise
    September 7, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

    Oh WOW, this is so clever - you have the most gorgeous site here and I had to stop by to leave this comment for you – and to say hello of course ! Your posts are creative and original and you have interesting pictures. It's all perfect ! Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes....

  • Amanda
    September 7, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

    I think you've got a pretty good list. Bad grammar really grates on my nerves too! I can handle typos. I do it too, but the grammar. it hurts my eyes!

  • ~*~ Melissa ~*~
    September 8, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

    I'm right there with you on a lot of these. I HATE liars. My kids actually get in more trouble if they lie about something than if they told the truth, I just like the truth, nomatter how bad.

    And way to go for not taking shit! I did it my whole life growing up and refuse to now, everyone knows I'm a bitch lol, but most actually respect and love me for it.

  • Melinda
    September 15, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

    Rob is a Titans fan so you can imagine the sh!t he gets when he goes out in his jersey. Seriously grown people in line at the grocery store making dumb threats and comments.
    I don't know you personally but I like you :)

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd