This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Lose weight with Atkins Cuisine  

Tuesday, September 1, 2009




As Moms, finding time for ourselves in order to eat healthy foods every day, fit in enough exercise, and get the requisite 8 hours of sleep each night proves elusive at best. Of course, maybe you count chasing your kids around and pacing the soccer sidelines as exercise, or think half of a leftover grilled cheese counts as a quality meal. Does dosing off during the evening news count toward your beauty sleep?

Atkins has come to our rescue with their Cuisine line, launching two new staples to help us eat a greater variety of our favorite foods. Atkins’ new All Purpose Baking Mix and Penne Pasta come packed with fiber, are low in sugar, and, of course, fit perfectly into a low-carb lifestyle. Plus, they make cooking and baking easy. And, when you try them with one of Atkins’ cool recipes like Penne with Fresh Tomatoes, Lemon and Feta or Rich Chocolate Brownies, you won’t feel the slightest bit guilty about indulging.



To celebrate the launch of these new products, Atkins has announced an online recipe contest where you can share your own recipe featuring the All Purpose Baking Mix or Penne Pasta and win great prizes. Recipes can be submitted to www.atkins.com by September 30, 2009.

Our Thoughts:

We were sent both of these products to try out, and me being the big pasta lover that I am, I opened the Penne Pasta box and immediately made some pasta for my children and myself. I've been trying to incorporate more healthy items into our diets, to include more fiber specifically, and this pasta has 18 grams of fiber per serving! My kids didn't even complain about the pasta! They actually said they liked it better than some of the other pasta I've made.

Unfortunately, I didn't have much in the house to use any of the recipes, but when I get the time to get some "special items" in the house, I'm definitely going to make the Pasta Primavera! As for the baking mix, I made the Atkins Cuisine Biscuits. These biscuits cooked quickly (about 20 minutes!) and had a great flavor! I definitely will be making these again!

Make sure you stop by Atkins to learn more about their full line of products, and to enter the sweepstakes! Good luck!

I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Atkins and received samples to facilitate my candid review. In addition, Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.




Bookmark and Share
Email this post


2 comments: to “ Lose weight with Atkins Cuisine

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd