This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Fiber for all: what fiber means to me  

Monday, September 7, 2009

I live in an area where FiOS is not available yet. I'm patiently waiting.

Where I work is an Army base and the company I work for installs all fiber and copper cable for the internet and phone lines, that is how I know that I want fiber to feed the internet at my home. I can see the difference from when I'm at work and when I'm home and it is remarkable! At home, I have wait times, and windows that freeze because I'm faster than my internet is.

I currently have cable internet at home, but I can only imagine what it will be like when all of us have fiber: no long download times for files, photos and videos on the internet download instantly with no buffering, and I can even have 20 different Firefox windows open (including Mafia Wars, of course!) and my computer won't freeze up from the overload!

Oh... I'm awaiting those days!

I wrote this post as an entry into the "Fiber For All" contest. Wish me luck!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

1 comments: to “ Fiber for all: what fiber means to me

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd