This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Quiet on the blogfront  

Monday, August 17, 2009

Good morning and Happy Monday to you!

It's been so quiet over here and although no one has sent a search team yet, I wanted to make sure that you know that we are here.

As you know, my son began playing recreational football with the Emmorton Bucaneers recently, and between driving him back and forth (or staying to watch, depending which day it is), work, and spending time with my children before they go back to school, I haven't had much time to come blog.

This past weekend was a pretty busy one, and that's not too common for me. Since I get up at 4:30 am every morning and I work from 6:30 am to 3 pm, then run around in the evenings (sometimes), I enjoy the quiet filled weekend. I still have household duties, but most times I'm home, enjoying the solace. Even so, I won a contest on Twitter last week, from Fire and Ice, Inc., which is actually a local store. It was a The Time Traveler's Wife Prize Pack, and since I had no time to go pick it up during the week, I went down on Saturday. I had to pick it up from Towson Town Center, which is a really nice 4-story mall in our area. Unfortunately, since I couldn't make it down there during the week, I missed the advanced screening of the movie. I really wish I had been informed about that - maybe I would have made the extra effort to make it down there on Tuesday. After I got back from the mall, I picked up the kids and we headed about 5 minutes way, to downtown Bel Air, where the Maryland BBQ Bash was being held. (I love BBQ!) We had some great food, enjoyed some good music, and just took in the sights and smells.

I want to share with you a few recent updates in my online "career" as I'll call it for now. I've always loved writing and I was writing short stories when I was as young as 10. One of my lifelong goals is to write a book, and it may or may not be based on my life and all of the struggles I have overcome. So color me tickled when I was accepted to be the Baltimore Frugal Family Examiner!

I only (every once in awhile) blog about frugal finds here because there are so many other blogs out there that cover that area, but in my local area, there aren't many, so I saw this as an opportunity to bring in some extra cash as well as get my name out there further. But, you can ask anyone that I know in person - I am VERY resourceful and know how to get many things for FREE and the blogosphere has taught me much more than I ever knew previously!

I also wanted to announce that I've recently been selected as a Classy Closet Review Panelist. I was ecstatic when Tasha contacted me to be a part of the team! I'll be posting my first VLOG as a review for them later today - be sure to check it out!

My friend Andrea also had recommended me for the Family Review Network, and if you have been paying attention, you probably noticed two reviews that I did for them recently.

I'm really looking forward to making my blog and my writing career more than my part-time "gig" as I like to call it. I truly love to write and even studied Journalism in high school. I dreamt of becoming a reporter. My, how times have changed! I still have the dream of becoming a writer, and I really should devote more time to that!

What did YOU do this weekend?


Bookmark and Share
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Quiet on the blogfront

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd