This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Keeping you informed about our life  

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This post has been in the works since last Friday. Yes, it's crazy here! I've mentioned how my son is playing football for our local recreational council - that takes up my evenings, even if I just drop him off and go back to pick him up (that's what I've been doing).

But since I love every one of my readers and visitors, I wanted to share some things with you.

Not only am I writing here, I also write for The I've mentioned here before, but I've always loved to write, and since I've learned so much, I've decided to share what I have learned (and what I continue to learn!) over there. Feel free to read my stories.

Last week, I won a 4-pack of tickets to Six Flags just by playing an Instant Win game on MyCokeRewards! I love MyCokeRewards! I've won 3 prizes from them, as well as traded in points for magazine subscriptions! I don't drink soda as often as I used to (my boyfriend has me covered in that area!) but I always manage to get codes!

I also went to a local Barbecue Festival (Maryland BBQ Bash) last weekend and I got a call last Wednesday that I won a $50 Visa Gift Card! It really came in handy, because I was broke and needed gas money! I picked it up at a local credit union and have been using it ever since!

Tomorrow I'll have been working at my current job for two years! Time flies when you're having fun, huh?

Tomorrow is another important day in that my children start school tomorrow. My son is heading off to the 8th grade, and the baby in the family is off to 5th. I'm praying that the bullcrap that we dealt with at the end of the school year isn't an issue this year!

I still have some more school clothes shopping to do for them. I was only able to get them two outfits so far. I only get paid twice a month so I always have to budget! I used a $10 off a $50 purchase coupon for Old Navy. We did pretty well, because I got each of the kids two outfits, my daughter got a book bag, and I got an outfit all for about $100! The best part? My outfit cost about $14 itself! I chose the item of the week (a really cute teal top) and I managed to find a pair of jeans for $4.95. I actually thought the tag was wrong but I watched her ring everything up and I'll be darned if the jeans didn't ring up that cheap! Woot! All jeans were on sale for $19 so I made out pretty well!

I also got some really nice stuff from Bath and Body Works, from trading in my MyPoints points for a $25 Gift Card. As you may know, BzzAgent now gives you MyPoints for their campaigns and I had over 3000 points!

Other than that, that's about it for us.

What have YOU been doing?

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

3 comments: to “ Keeping you informed about our life

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd