This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Clorox What To Expect Guide to a Healthy Home Growth Chart  

Thursday, August 6, 2009



Clorox and the makers of the What to Expect series have teamed up to create the What To Expect Guide to a Healthy Home Growth Chart. Download your copy of the ebook with tons of helpful tips HERE! There are some great tips on how to keep your home clean anytime of the year! There's also a Growth Chart that you can download HERE.

As a mom of kids ranging from 15 to 10, I've got TONS of experience with disinfecting and cleaning! It started a little over ten years ago, as I planned for my first child. I still remember cleaning and scrubbing to prepare my newly rented apartment for my newborn. I'm less of a clean freak than I was then, but keeping a clean home is a great way to keep the germs and bacteria out of your house!

Here's some tips to keep some of your house cleaner:

In the Kids' Room:

Disinfect washable colorfast toys with a solution of 3/4 cup Clorox® Regular-Bleach per gallon of water. Soak for 5 minutes, rinse and air dry.

You can also sanitize toys with hard, nonporous surfaces (or plastic toys) daily by spraying with Clorox® Anywhere® Hard Surface® daily sanitizing spray.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reduce bacteria and deodorize the diaper pail, pre-clean the diaper pail with a cleaning product prior to sanitization. Rinse well with water and drain. Pour in a solution of 3/4 cup Clorox® Regular-Bleach to one gallon of water. Let stand for at least 5 minutes. Rinse and air dry.

In the Bathroom:

Clean the inside of your toilet bowl with the Clorox® ToiletWand™ System. This product is easy and doesn't leave the bacteria sitting around like traditional toilet brushes! When you're done, toss the dirty head in the garbage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To remove soap scum in the bathtub or shower, spray surfaces with Clorox® Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner until wet. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse.



To reduce bacteria and germs from spreading, I also make sure that I wash my hands regularly, and I make my kids do the same. I also sneeze into my arm (elbow really), a trick I learned when I worked for the American Red Cross. These tricks have really helped me minimize the amount of time I spend in the winter with a cold! I also spray doorknobs and the handle of the toilet with Clorox Disinfecting Spray when we are sick!

I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Clorox and the What to Expect Guide and received a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.



Bookmark and Share
Email this post


Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd