Thursday, July 9, 2009
Multiply, Inc., the fifth fastest growing social networking service in the United States, has redesigned its Web site to enhance the user experience and make it easier than ever to manage and share media, and communicate with a member’s network of real-life friends and family in a safe, secure setting.
In addition to the site’s newly designed look and feel, Multiply now enables its members to do even more, with new tools and features that make it a complete media management and communications tool in the cloud. Major changes include:
* Multiply’s Media Locker serves as a member’s central home for media – making it easier than ever to publish photo albums and videos with a few clicks, while offering members a private, secure dashboard to view, organize, store and edit their media.
* Fully Integrated Online photo editing tools including red eye and blemish reduction, cropping and resizing, contrast/brightness controls, exposure adjustment and auto leveling – make it easy to edit photos right from a member’s Media Locker, making photo editing possible at any time, from any computer. With Version 4.0, Multiply will be the first major social network that offers photo editing integrated within its core service.
* Multiply’s AutoUploader is more powerful than ever, making it a simple, time-saving solution for automatically uploading media files to the Multiply Media Locker. AutoUploaders save, on average, 90 minutes each week in upload time with the free, quickly installed, no fuss tool. The AutoUploader provides a completely automated back up solution for a member’s most precious photos and videos.
* Picasa and Windows Photo Gallery plug-ins will allow members to seamlessly import their desktop media galleries to their online media lockers.
* An Expanded Selection of Photo Finishing Options, with additional themes and options for turning favorite photos into physical products, including photo books, calendars, cards and prints, give members the ability to turn their favorite photos into memorable keepsakes.
"Over the past five years, Multiply has strived to offer our members the most comprehensive tools for managing and sharing their most precious media with their real-life networks of friends and family, and to give them the most granular privacy controls of any network to help keep their content safe," explains Multiply founder and CEO, Peter Pezaris, "As we continue to evolve, our service has become the destination of choice for digital moms and dads for storing, sharing, and discussing their valuable photos and videos. Multiply 4.0, with its expanded features, gives our members a full-service solution for managing all of their personal media, with the ability to access it from anywhere, at any time, on any device."
In addition to the media-centric features, Multiply has added a number of features that will enhance communications. Status updates will enable users to share their latest activities – in popular microblogging format - with their networks. Members can now suggest connections for their contacts, making “virtual introductions” to their other friends and family on Multiply. Multiply’s redesigned inbox makes it easy for a member to decide how much of their network’s content they wish to view, but also easily filter by content type and offering quick access to top friend and group pages.
Every day, Multiply’s 13 million members post over 2.5 million photos, 20,000 videos and 55,000 blog entries, sharing them securely within their personal network, which includes direct contacts and those connected to them through real-life relationships.
About Multiply, Inc
Based in Boca Raton, FL, Multiply offers its members a comprehensive media management solution with social tools that allow them to share personal content safely and securely with a relevant audience of real-life personal contacts. The only mainstream social network with a fully-integrated photo finishing solution, Multiply makes it easy for members to order photo-centric products right from their accounts, and Members enjoy the benefit of permanent storage and back ups of their original resolution media files. Multiply’s best of breed privacy controls appeal to a growing number of individuals who are not only concerned with privacy issues surrounding other social networks, but who value content created by their real-world friends and family. Multiply is privately held with backing by VantagePoint Venture Partners, Point Judith Capital, Transcosmos and private investors. For more information, visit http://multiply.com.
First, I just thought this was a photo site similar to Flickr or Photobucket. Boy, was I wrong! I invited a bunch of people to join as contacts and am even able to see their status updates! I really like this site and am looking forward to using it more!
Multiply.com has offered my readers to get 50 free 4X6 prints by using this code: 50FREESIMPLE.
Try out the site and let me know what you think of it and also let me know if you signed up for the 50 free prints!