This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Ghost Adventures Visits Eastern State Penitentiary  

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Want to know a secret about me? I believe in Ghosts. Therefore, I love watching Ghost shows, and Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel is one of my favorites!

This Friday, at 9 pm EST/PST, the Ghost Adventures crew is going on a true "lockdown" this week as they investigate the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, one of the oldest standing prisons in the country.

Here's an extended preview of the show:



The Eastern State Penitentiary, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is considered to be one of the most haunted locations in the world. The prison first opened its doors in 1829 and was designed to hold 253 prisoners, each occupying a solitary confinement cell for their entire sentence. Although executions were not carried out at Eastern State, the prison was home to its fair share of murders. At least two guards were murdered over the years as were many inmates. Hundreds of others died from disease and old age. The inmates are long gone but there is strong evidence that their angry spirits continue to roam the cell blocks and corridors.


Bookmark and Share
Email this post


2 comments: to “ Ghost Adventures Visits Eastern State Penitentiary

  • TheEclecticElement
    July 9, 2009 at 12:19 AM  

    Ooooh!!! That's another thing we have in common :D
    I'm a very very very paranormal/spiritual person. I even belong to a group who goes on paranormal investigations :D

  • makeetis
    July 9, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

    I believe in ghosts also. I went last year to the overnight tour of West Virginia Pen. tour. I liked it but didn't get spooked.
    Next year however since I didn't go this year I am going to go to Waverly Hills Hospital in Kentucky. I can't wait.

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd