This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Frugal Shopping  

Monday, July 27, 2009

Since I discovered DealSeekingMom, MommySnacks, and many other sites, I have learned so much about shopping frugally and saving TONS of money.

One of my favorite places to shop at is CVS because if you pair your coupons with their sales and Extra Care Bucks, sometimes you can make money.

I've been pretty lax in organizing and clipping coupons, and I haven't bought a Sunday paper in quite some time. I do, however, print coupons at, MyPoints, and a few other places.

Finally, this past Saturday, I pick up a Baltimore Sun at my local Wawa (1 of the last two!) and got some coupons for my stash.

Since I got a new paper I had to clean out all of the expired coupons from my organizer to send them to my contact overseas because the military can use expired coupons. While I was organizing my coupons, I found $19 in Extra Care Bucks from CVS!

Tonight I wanted to run to Target and get a few things since I had $10 in GCs for there. Here's what I got, how much my original total was, and how much I paid:

O-Cello Sponge - $1.89 each
Had coupon for $1 off 2 - bought 2 @ $3.78 - $1 coupon - Total $2.78

Bubble Yum (for my daughter) - $.99 (no savings)

Chips Ahoy - $2.99 each - $1 off Target printable coupon - Total $1.99

Target brand bread - $.94 (no additional savings)

Marie Callender's Al Dente Meal - 2/$5 - bought one at $2.50 - $1 off manufacturer's coupon - Total $1.50

Kashi Go Lean Waffles - originally $1.99 - had a coupon for free - Total $0

Mountain Dew (yeah because I'm addicted) - $1.29 (no additional savings)

Dannon Active drinkable yogurt - on sale for $1.99 - $1 off manufacturer coupon - Total $.99

SubTotal - $10.26
Tax - $.30
Total - $10.56
Used two $5 Gift Cards
Total OOP (Out of Pocket) - $.56

After Target, I went to Best Buy to get a CD for my son since I won a $20 Music Cash Certificate from Kraft Mac and Cheese. I bought him a CD as an early birthday present (Friday!!!) and my daughter a DVD and I spent $5.46 OOP after using my Gift Certificate.

Then, I went to CVS and used my $19 in ECBs. Here's what I got:

Palmolive Dish Liquid - on sale for $.88 - used $1 off 2 coupon - total $.79 for 2

Herbal Essences Shampoo Totally Twisty - on sale for $2.99 each, get one $1 ECB
*I screwed up here because I didn't read the fine print and I bought the Shampoo and Conditioner as well as the mousse - and I only got one ECB. But it's okay!

Herbal Essences Conditioner Totally Twisty - on sale for $2.99 - coupon for $1.50 off of 2 Herbal Essences products - Total OOP for Shampoo and Conditioner $3.39

Herbal Essences Totally Twisty Mousse - on sale for $2.99

Mentos Gum - on sale for $1 - used $1 off coupon - Total OOP $0 (got two of these and I used coupons for both!)

Clearasil Daily Cleansing Pads - $5.49 - buy one, get one 1/2 off

Clearasil Acne Treatment - $5.49 - 1/2 off - Total OOP $2.74

Colgate 360 Toothbrush - $6.99 each - used $2 off coupon - Total $4.99

Lehigh Skim Milk - $3.39

Pepcid Max 25 ct - $8.99 minus $2 CVS non-clip coupon - Total $6.99

Swiffer WetJet Refill Pads - $6.59 - $.50 off one - Total $6.09 (I usually wait for these to go on sale since they're so pricey but I really needed these pads!)

SubTotal after using all coupons mentioned above and $19 in ECBs - $15.63 - Tax $1.27 - Total - $16.90

Total BEFORE using coupons and ECBs - $56.37

I saved $40.74 at CVS!

Total OOP today: $22.92 between Target, BestBuy, and CVS!

Woot! for saving money!

While I'm sharing my savings with you - I'm inviting you to utilize the Cellfire and widgets on my left sidebar. I'll be posting about the newly released Cellfire coupons in a sec and will link here also. In this economy, saving money using coupons is a great way to provide for your family and still being able to go places and having fun as a family!

Toni-Lynn at Grocery Price Blog is doing a series on Couponing 101 - she's currently on Part 4 - here's the links for those:

Couponing 101 Part 1

Couponing 101 Part 2

Couponing 101 Part 3

Couponing 101 Part 4

You can also learn more about couponing, catching deals at CVS, Walgreen's, Walmart, and more at the following sites:

Deal Seeking Mom


Penny Pinching Diva

Do you use coupons to shop? If so - where are some of your fave places to shop?

Share some of your best deals here too if you want to!

Bookmark and Share
Email this post

0 comments: to “ Frugal Shopping

Swagbucks Search & Win!


Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd