This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.

Drama  

Friday, July 31, 2009


image courtesy yashi_boobie2 on Photobucket


After my birthday, I wrote a post because most of the people who MATTER didn't acknowledge my birthday.

I wrote it down to get it off of my chest, and I re-evaluated (and will continue to do so, as I have for the past 10 years of my life) my relationships, and I decided that some people just aren't worth it. I made a choice that day that some people are not going to be involved in my life anymore. It's not just a missed birthday. It's 3 children's missed birthdays (plus mine), lack of contact, and more.

No one calls my children or I for our birthdays, so I should be used to it, but it's a hell of a thing to get used to. (Speaking of... today is my son's 13th birthday. Let me count how many calls we got wishing him a Happy Birthday. Hmmm... none!)

This is a file on my MySpace page and it's something I stand by:



10 days after my "rant" - today, I open my email to find emails referencing this from "family", and of course it pissed me off. I spoke my piece almost two weeks ago and i thought it was over. Now people are bringing it up again. Pardon me for thinking that I could have my moment and be able to move on from it.

Bottom line... My opinion, your opinion, anyone's opinion are just that... an opinion. My feelings are my feelings and your feelings are your feelings. I respect your feelings (whoever I care about) and I would appreciate the same. If you can't see where I'm coming from, fine, but don't judge me. I'm entitled to feel any way at any time, as is anyone else.

And I respect that.

I don't appreciate, nor do I have time for, Drama. That's why I stay by myself as it is. And I guess I'll continue to do so.









Bookmark and Share
Email this post


3 comments: to “ Drama

  • Kimberly Kihega
    August 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

    Aww! That sucks sweetie! How can they say anything about what you said? You had every right to rant and rave on them not calling! I'm here for ya girl, if you ever need it!

  • TheEclecticElement
    August 1, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

    Drama will always be apart of life no matter how hard we try to avoid it. Recently, I have realized that you need to surround yourself with positive people, or all the negativity will drag you down and even though it's hard to break away from the negative people, it has to be done. So I'm sorry you have to go through this!! I hope it gets better =]
    And Happy 13th Birthday to your son! That's a big birthday for a kid!

  • Jennifer-EightyMPHMom
    August 6, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

    I absolutely love these signs...so true, so true!

    I don't care for drama either. I don't pick sides, but that doesn't seem to matter. I give up LOL. I'd rather hand out with the adults anyway.

Swagbucks Search & Win!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs

ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd ss_blog_claim=c5b78f2c6d1f14f09edbe95bb62c5dbd