Thursday, July 9, 2009
Stop and Smell the Roses! 1800Flowers.com wants to give you just that opportunity by winning a $50 Gift Card to the site!
First, let me tell you that a recent Harvard study found that people who made a point of looking at flowers first thing in the morning actually felt cheerier and even more energetic throughout the day. Interesting isn't it?
I know when I have fresh flowers in the house they make me happy!
De-Stress and Recharge Floral Guide:
* Roses – In need of a pick-me-up? The sweet aroma and bold colors of red roses can help boost energy and improve mood. Check out the Rose Elegance™ Premium Long Stem Red Roses ($49.99 - $159.99)or Sweetheart Rose Bouquet ($39.99 - $49.99)
* Lavender – Considered a natural remedy for insomnia, the scent of lavender can prompt your body to produce a calming compound which promotes relaxation and helps relax and alleviate stress. Check out the Lavender Dish Garden ($49.99) or the Crabtree & Evelyn® Lavender Hatbox (SALE $55.99)
* Mint – With a scent that immediately awakens, the smell of fresh mint is refreshing and purifying to both the body and soul. Check out the Summer Herb Garden Trio ($44.99) or the Taste of Tea ($16.99)
* Light Purple & Blue – These hues are soothing and can help relieve tension and reduce anxiety. Use these colored arrangements to create an atmosphere of comfort and tranquility. Check out the Blue Hydrangea ($59.95) or the Blue Purple Arrangement By Jane Packer ($100.00)
* Yellow – A cheerful and uplifting color, yellow enhances alertness, increases self-esteem and can strengthen overall wellbeing. Try sunflowers such as Martha Stewart Golden Sunflower Bouquet ($59.95)
Julie Mulligan, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM’s floral lifestyle expert, recently did a blog post about the “power of flowers” so if you’re interested in learning some of her tricks of the trade for easily incorporating fresh flowers into everyday décor, just click on the link above.
First, go to 1800Flowers.com and let me know what you would choose if you won!
For extra entries do any or all of the following:
Comment on Julie's Blog, either on the Power of Flowers post or on any of her other posts with a relevant comment. Be sure to leave me a link to where you commented. (One entry)
Tweet about this giveaway and come back and leave me a link. (One entry per day.)
To make this fun, I have a birthday coming up. Guess when it is and if you are right, you will get an extra entry. HINT: It's within the next 14 days. That means anytime between now (July 9th) and July 23rd is my birthday.
Remember: you have the power of the internet at your hands. There are places that my birthday is listed. (One entry)
Leave a comment per each entry.
This giveaway will end on July 23rd, at midnight EST. I will pick a winner using Random.org on the 24th and create a new post announcing the winner. I will also email the winner so if you want to win, be sure to leave your email address!
Thanks for entering and Good luck!